I'm also coming to you from the tail end of the most stressful time in my life. The past month has been completely crazy, which is why I'm been MIA. My roof decided to start leaking, and it's been a month long process trying to get insurance and my roofing company to figure it out. Meanwhile, it's been raining and raining, and my leak keeps getting worse and worse.
Then, I finally got an answer to my dog Ace's limp. A peripheral nerve sheath tumor. Cancerous. Two options: leg amputation or let him deal with it. Neither of them guarantee a cure. Even after amputation, the vet said he may only have six months to a year if the cancer wasn't contained and removed.
But I decided to get his leg amputated and then Ace can't do anything normal. He had some major complications and spent two weeks at UGA's vet hospital. His bill ended up being over $10,000. That's TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS. Thankfully, UGA is working some things out with me and are covering some of that bill.
But still, a new roof is roughly $9,000-$10,000 for a house my size. My dog just cost me over $10,000. That's over $20,000 of crap that I may or may not be responsible for.
Ay yi yi.
Oh, and not to mention it's been really busy with work. All of these I will blog about later, especially Ace. That's been really hard. But things are looking up and today I'm spending the entire day on the couch with my tripod boy, watching movies and football. And eating nachos and crappy food.
I love weekends.
| Boy likes to lick his wounds |
| How we spend our Saturday mornings |
So friends...I've got the ending of Empire Records to watch. See you soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment