Monday, June 22, 2015

I'm Back From Greece, and Can't Stop Talking About Food

Well hey kids.  I'm back.  Greece was fantastically amazing.  I'll definitely be posting more about Greece.

I fell off the Blog Every Day in May/Blog Challenge for May, but what else is new?  That's kind of my M.O.  But I'm back today to give you a brief update of what's been going on since I got back.

one. I decided to jump back into another Whole 30 challenge, so I ate whatever I wanted over the weekend and went to the grocery store and bought all Whole 30 approved items.  Then I went to Taco Bell and got a Quesarito Big Box.  Today, I've had Chick-fil-A, sour watermelons, Cherry Coke, and I'm about to tear into some Ben and Jerry's.

Run, do not walk, and go get yourself some of this.

Also, run to get this, except make sure it's shredded chicken and change the nachos doritos taco to a fiery doritos loco taco.

So that's going well.

two. My mom and I met my sister at a cute little bakery/sandwich shop in downtown Lawrenceville- The Blue Rooster Cafe.  So adorable and the desserts were to die for.  My pimento cheese sandwich was alright.  I'm going to try the chicken salad next time.


Peanut butter brownie.  BOMB.COM


three. On Saturday, my bff and I hosted a 30th birthday party for ourselves, because we life completely revolves around us.  No, but for real, we did and it was fun.  My dad cooked up a big ol' batch of low country boil.  I LOVE LOW COUNTRY BOIL.  Interestingly, it is Whole 30 approved.  Minus the processed meat that is the sausage and the corn.  And the cocktail sauce.  And the banana pudding, key lime pie, and peach cobbler I had for dessert.



So the shrimp and potatoes are Whole 30 approved.  Whatever, it was still delicious.

four.  At the party, one of my friends noticed that my neighbor had a 'Free Kittens' sign.  Her dad had been talking about getting a kitten, so she went over and picked out a little cutie kitty cat for a Father's Day present.  I kept the cat for the night since she didn't have animals and didn't really have a way to keep it.  If anyone would like to donate a kitten to me, plus all the expenses of the vet, I'll gladly accept.




Well I just realized that three of the four things I shared have to do with food.  My priorities are straight, that's for sure.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS