I'm a day late with this one, but oh well. Yesterday was just one of those days, YA KNOW. And today was just the same.
So I'm all about some make ahead meals. I joked on Monday that I would have a list of my favorite fast food meals as my make ahead meals...and I wasn't entirely kidding.
Since it's just me and since I live less than five minutes from Chick-fil-a, Taco Bell, and Zaxby's (my three favorite fast food joints), it is so incredibly easy to just go through the drive thru when I have a busy night.
But seeing as how my pants are tighter than ever and I genuinely do care what goes into my body (ignore the Sprite and brownies I am currently eating- it is stress, people, and lots of it), I do try to make some meals ahead.
Here are my most favorite with links:
Breakfast Casserole- this is easy, and it's paleo approved too! So long as you get the right kind of meat, but veggies, spinach, and eggs are definitely Paleo approved. I eat a few squares of this, along with some protein balls, and I am full all morning until lunch. **The recipe makes muffins, I just pour mine into a casserole dish or baking pan and cut it into pieces. I hate pouring out muffins or cupcakes, so I avoid it if I can.
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash- alright, look. Spaghetti squash is a royal pain to try to open and cook. But once you do the hard work and get that sucker open and scraped, it is DELISH. Seriously. I was skeptical at first, but I am a huge fan of spaghetti squash. And this makes a ton. Also paleo approved, so long as you leave out the blue cheese crumbles.
Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili- this is most definitely NOT paleo approved, but it is Elise approved. This junk is DELICIOUS with some sour cream and tortilla chips on top. Love it on a chilly day.
Shredded Buffalo Chicken- this is pretty good on a hamburger bun with some pepper jack cheese on top. It's easy and makes a ton.
Those are my favorite, made most often meals. They make a lot (at least for one person), and they're easy to freeze and/or reheat. I also enjoy frozen pizzas, tacos, salads, and QT taquitos and buffalo chicken on the reg as well.
#thesinglelife
byeeeeee.
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


1 comment:
love your list! I have found that pretty much any casserole can be made ahead and frozen, I just wait until I cook to add cheese or other toppings like crackers. Since coming back from maternity leave I try to just prep a couple meals on Sunday - then I just stick them in the fridge, cook on Monday and Tuesday and enjoy leftovers the rest of the week!
Post a Comment