And what better way to jump back in to blogging (for the millionth time) than to do a Teacher Week link-up?
Blog Hoppin' has got their annual Teacher Week going on. Today's topic is...
And who doesn't like talking about themselves?
one. I might as well start with teacher stuff, right? I teach fourth grade, and this year I moved schools and counties and OH MY WORD it has been hard. So incredibly hard. I love my new school and my new coworkers and my new county (and also my old school/coworkers/county), but those two counties are like night and day. But it gets easier each day and I LOVE LOVE LOVE having a FOUR minute commute.
You can't beat that.
two. I am a huge animal lover. Like if I read a tribute to someone's pet who has passed away or watch a rescue/tribute video, I'm done. For the day. I'll cry like a baby. If I ever win the lotto, a good portion of it will go directly to animal shelters and rescue organizations.
Of course I have three animals myself. Two fat dogs and a spoiled cat. Ace, the lab, and Emmy, the cat are very high maintenance, but I love them to death and would do anything for them and spend any amount of money on them. (Honestly- Ace doesn't just have one vet, he has two regular vets AND now a neurologist. That's not cheap.)
![]() |
| The queen...Emmy |
![]() |
| My sweet boy Marley |
| The big baby Ace...this was when he split his tongue open and he had to get it cauterized |
three. I do not like silence. I always have to have the tv or Spotify or Pandora or something going on in the background. This is true of my classroom, too. Unless it's a test or DEAR time or something like that, I like to play music in the classroom. My favorite thing to play is one of Vitamin String Quartet's covers. This is my favorite.
four. I love to travel, anywhere and everywhere. I went to Greece for two weeks this past summer and fell in love with Santorini. A huge part of my heart is in Uganda. I also am dying to go to Montana and Wyoming. My parents have been talking about going and I told them if they do not invite me, I will disown them. (not really, but really.)

| Crete, Greece |
| Crete, Greece |
![]() |
| My cousin and I |
| Our hotel in Mykonos |
five. I didn't admit that I wanted to be a teacher until my senior year of high school. Then, in college, for almost two years I wavered with totally changing my major and transferring to University of Florida. I even questioned my choice to be a teacher throughout the first few years of teaching, even though I loved my job and loved teaching. However, I truly could not imagine doing anything else now (except cashing in interest checks from my million dollar lottery win and living on the beach...you gotta have dreams, people).
Well, it's already past eight. Past my bedtime for the first month of school, yo. This girl is tired. I'll be back tomorrow for....Make Ahead Meals.
I'll just be posting links to my favorite fast food places.
JUST KIDDING. (but not really.)







1 comment:
I play the Vitamin String Quartet a lot in class, too! It cracks me up when the kids are intensely humming along while working.
Post a Comment