Mykonos was...interesting. It wasn't as stunningly beautiful as Santorini, in my opinion. I mean, don't get me wrong. It was still gorgeous, especially on the beach. But I don't think we did enough research on where we were staying.
| The port |
![]() |
| Squinty selfie |
![]() |
| The infamous windmills |
![]() |
| The pink pelican! |
Our hotel was beautiful, and the owner was incredibly nice. I'd stay at the hotel again for sure, but we stayed smack in the middle of Paradise Beach, which is the party beach.
| The view from the hotel pool |
And it is a party beach. Anna Kate and I arrived at our hotel, unpacked a little, and then went to the beach. It was a quick walk, but before we could even see the water we heard the club music going. Apparently after four pm it turns into a club scene. I don't go to the beach to go clubbing, I go for some relaxation.
Oh, and then without realizing it, we ended up on the nude beach side. Now listen. Nude beaches don't bother me at all. I'm not confident enough to go nude myself, but more power to you. However. When the beach is so crowded that when I look up from laying out, some random old dude's junk is literally two feet in front of my face, I don't enjoy that.
We went back to the beach the next morning and it was MUCH calmer and quieter. :)
Mykonos is also a party island, and we didn't realize that. Again, that's fun, but some of our fellow hotel guests were loud and partying it up really, really late.
All in all, Mykonos was my least favorite island. I'm still glad I went, though, because it was pretty and I ate THE BEST moussaka I've ever had in my entire life. Also, the first moussaka I've ever had in my entire life, but still.






No comments:
Post a Comment