Oh my gosh. I could have just wandered the streets forever. The thing is, though, is that the island of Crete is so big, and there's so much to do. We only spent one night in Chania and one night in Heraklion, and that was not enough time at all.
![]() |
| Our apartment was at the end of the street. Chania is SO charming! |
![]() |
| Selfie time |
We also spent a good portion of our time in Chania trying to work out our luggage situation, which was a nightmare. It was five days from the time we dropped our luggage off at the Atlanta airport to the time we got it back. That's way too long, and there was lots of drama with the airlines, too. Crazy. But we got our luggage and all was well.
Chania just has a relaxed, laid back vibe that I can get behind. I would love to go visit Crete for a week or two and base out of Chania. Chanians sleep in, stay up late, treat you like you are neighbors. I just loved it!
Since we were there for such a short time, we didn't really do (or know about) any major sightseeing places. We did have the best gelato of our entire trip in Chania, though, so that's worth mentioning.
I definitely want to come back and spend more time here!






1 comment:
Oooh that place sounds and looks amazing!! How did you end up with an apartment? Were you Air BnBing or something?
Post a Comment