ANYWAY. Five things for Friday, yes?
one. I have officially turned into my grandma. Which is not a bad thing because I loved my grandma. Both of them. But my dad's mom always had a stand up, oscillating fan going in her bedroom. Always. It wasn't as if my grandparents didn't have AC- they did! They lived in Savannah, and you would be a fool if you didn't have AC in Savannah in the summer.
This summer has been HOT HOT HOT, and my bedroom has been HOT HOT HOT. I got fed up of waking up sweating, even with the fan on and the AC running low, and then I got my July power bill and it was crazy high. So I went to my parents' house, found my old fan from my college dorm days, set it up to face me while I'm in bed, and BOOM. I'm not burning up anymore.
I get it, Grandma.
two. This is kind of a big thing and probably warrants its own post, but I have a new job. I'm still teaching, and still teaching fourth grade, but I left Barrow County to teach in the county where I grew up and live in. I know it's the right decision, but OHMYWORD, it has been hard. I've never changed jobs before, and I feel like I'm in my first year all over again. But even harder because teaching has changed like crazy over the past eight years.
| My view for several hours last night. |
I know it will get better once the year really gets going. I know I will learn all these new acronyms and words and expectations pretty quickly. Right now, though, I've been adjusting by eating complete junk, all day, every day.
three. My pants don't fit. See above.
four. Tomorrow morning I have to go help my dad tear up carpet and put new floors in. Because he thinks he is thirty instead of almost sixty and thinks he can work like he could when he WAS thirty. No, all joking aside, he really can. My dad is in great shape and does not act like he is close to sixty at all.
HOWEVER. He is also cheap and still would rather force his kids to do manual labor than hire someone.
five. I've been going through my Greece pictures. I want to go back. Take me back please! Next week, it's my own version of Greek week. I'll be sharing all about my trip, two months later.
Over and out. BYE.


No comments:
Post a Comment