Can you tell how excited I am? I was jumping up and down in my kitchen when I booked this flight Friday night.
I had been on the phone with my cousin, talking about the trip, and we just happened to check prices again. The flight price had not changed from $1550-$1590 since we first started looking, so our budget for flights had been $1600.
I just happened to look at the flexible dates and noticed that if we bumped our trip back two day, TWO DAYS, we would save almost $600. Flights were $992.
So, DUH, we double checked calendars, looked for the best flight that had decent layovers (definitely didn't want ten hour layovers, but also one hour layovers in a foreign airport going through customs- too risky for us), and bim bam boom, we have a round trip flight to Athens, Greece for $1000. One stop in Boston, another in Paris (also I'd like to mention how much I hate Charles De Gaulle airport- it's right behind Miami's airport for me), and then Greece!
I don't normally talk about money on here, but um, I saved almost $600 so I can't help myself!!
Right after that, I went to my church's Night of Worship. I love these things. They restore my soul, seriously. And at the very end, we sang Great I Am, which is a song that gives me chills every single time. I like to think that during times like those, we see just a tee-tiny glance of what heaven will be like.
Saturday was not as exciting. I went to spin class, went grocery shopping, and hung out at home with a couple of friends.
I also got ready for my Whole 30 challenge and started day one of it...more on that later, but lemme just tell you that day one went pretty miserably. Most of it was my fault, but still. It sucked.
Happy Monday!
Happy Monday!

1 comment:
Whooooaaaa!! So exciting that you booked the trip AND saved so much $$!!! You must be SO pumped!!
Post a Comment