Well, I did it. Seven days down with Whole 30. Twenty three (although really twenty two because I'm writing this at the end of day eight) more to go. Honestly, it's been easier than I was thinking. Maybe because for so long, I just felt tired and worn out and knew I needed a change in my diet.
The first couple days were hard, especially day one. I had a bad headache, which is what I expected. I didn't plan well and was hungry all day long.
But I got better and planned better. Here are some of the meals I made:
-cucumber, tomato, and kalamata olive salad (NOT FILLING)
-plain burger with homemade guacamole on top + sweet potato (my favorite meal from last week)
-a lot of fried eggs
-a lot of bacon (I didn't realize bacon had sugar in it, but now I know better)
-breakfast sausage
-chicken and grilled peppers
-a LOT of fruit
So, it was really just a lot of grazing food, not many actual meals. What I'm changing for this week:
-more actual meals...I did a lot of pinning of paleo meals and have a few recipes I'm making this week
-less fruit, more veggies
-I'm planning out every single meal of everyday this week. I have to do so in order to actually make this work.
How I'm feeling:
-really good. Seriously. I can already tell a difference in my energy level and my clothes. Whole 30 isn't supposed to be about weight loss, but I know I will lose some weight from this.
-I don't have a lot of cravings. I found a sleeve of Girl Scout cookies in my freezer the other day and I didn't open them. Two weeks ago, I would have eaten the entire sleeve...which is why I think they were in the freezer.
So, so far...I'm loving this challenge! Remind me of this near the end, though, okay?
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment