Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Ice Ice Baby

Well, we finally got ourselves a school closure.  School was canceled yesterday due to ice and power outages all over.

I lost power around seven pm on Monday night and didn't get it back until around five pm the next day.  It went off again, but just for about a half hour.  

Once the sun came up and I wasn't stumbling around in the darkness, I actually enjoyed the no power.  I read with no distractions, I cleaned my house, and I did a few piddly things around the house.  

I am lucky that I don't have big trees in my yard.  

This is what my parents woke up to:


Isn't that an absolutely TERRIFYING sight?

Their house, and neighborhood, is filled with big, tall trees.  So anytime ice comes, trees and branches are always down.

But this is the first time their house has ever been damaged, though.  And really, they are super lucky.  The window that was busted in is directly below where my dad sleeps.  Like, a straight line below.  

I went over to their house for a little bit this morning, and my dad was super excited because he saves everything.  And I mean EVERYTHING.  And back in 1997 when we moved in to the house, one of the windows wasn't quite right and my dad had the builder replace it.  He kept the original window, and lo and behold, almost twenty years later, he gets to use it.

He's such a nerd.

Tomorrow, the high is something like 27 degrees.  Can I tell you how excited I am to go to work in that weather?

I know any of my northern friends think that's nothing, but I have only ever lived in Georgia!  I am not used to cold temps like that!

Tomorrow, I will be bundled up in layers and drinking hot chocolate like it's my job.

How many more days until spring?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS