I know that may sound stupid, but I really do forget that. I mean, just last week my mom was over at my house and I had to ask her if my spaghetti noodles were cooked completely. Shouldn't adults know how to do that?
Anyway, I forget that I'm an adult until I have to do something REALLY adult, like have a difficult conversation with someone and make major, life changing decisions that make me cry and simultaneously want to vomit.
Being an adult is not fun.
ANYWAY, I've come across two articles/posts I wanted to share...maybe you can relate?
Have No FOMO
I can SO relate to this one because I think our culture, and specifically our generation, is obsessed with FOMO. I had one girl in my small group a couple of years ago literally say, "I don't like to commit to things because I think something better might come along."
WHAT? I'm not that bad, but I definitely do struggle with FOMO. This is such a good, solid reminder that it is so totally okay if I miss out on some things because I've got something much better to look forward to.
One of my favorite parts of the article-
We can walk past the pleasures of this world without fear of missing out because we are confident that all this life has to offer is not worth comparing to the joy that awaits us in the next.
Ten Things We Should Get Angry About Before Yoga Pants
One of my least favorite things about the internet is the fact that anyone and everyone can express their opinions. Ironic, I know, since I have a blog. But if I even spend two seconds reading comments on anything that's remotely popular, I want to stab myself in the head with a fork.
![]() |
| Or this. This would work as well. |
Not too long ago, people lost their minds about some leggings. And whether you agree or not with the girl's decision to not wear leggings, I hope we can all agree that IT IS A STUPID THING TO GET UPSET ABOUT.
There are tons more things to get upset about, and this article lists some of them.
So tell me, anything else I should be reading on the internet?


1 comment:
I have a friend who is the QUEEN of FOMO! The worst part is that we all know she does it, but never admits it.
And I agree with you on the whole adult thing. Sometimes I totally forget that I am an adult, and then I do something like pay the mortgage - definitely brings me back to reality. Ugh!
Post a Comment