Monday, April 13, 2015

That Weekend Where I Truly Felt Thirty

Even though I don't turn thirty until the end of next month.

So, I had signed up for a local Habitat for Humanity build with a few girls from my small group.  Saturday was it, and we got to the build site bright and early (after some Chick-fil-a).  The house had just the framing up, and the roofers were there, so we weren't able to do any inside work.  I ended up shoveling dirt into wheelbarrows to back fill around the concrete.

For at least three hours.  Lunch was provided (Subway) and then we kept on trucking doing some odd jobs around the yard.

In my head, doing that for three hours means I will wake up the next day with a super toned and tan back and arms.  Like this chick.



Instead, I woke up on Sunday feeling like I had been hit by a truck.

Anyway, the girls that I did the build with all came over to my house later on that night, after we had all showered and rested, and we watched some movies and ate dinner.  I had Zaxby's.  I'm listing all the food I ate this weekend for a reason, so bear with me.

Sunday, I had plans to go to the Dogwood Festival at Piedmont Park in Atlanta.  Now, Saturday's weather was RIDICULOUSLY gorgeous.  Sunday's- not so much.

Still a nice skyline view

We met for brunch at this place in Midtown.  I ordered stuffed french toast and they were stuffed with peanut butter.  Good, but incredibly heavy.



An old friend of ours from college happened to be there, and it was SO good to see him again.  He's a chiropractor now and cracked our necks...that felt amazing!

We probably owe Kyle $1000 each.

The weather wasn't the greatest, and I got mud all over my feet, but we still had a fun time.  I spent more money than I should have, but I got some cute cards out of it.

The coolest people at brunch...also the ones who showed up thirty minutes late...midtown parking is terrible

What a motley crew


Then, Jessica, Paula, and I stopped by McDonald's on the way home.  I know, I know.  The fries and the burger were ON POINT.

But listen, I went to bed at nine pm...and woke up at 11:30 pm feeling like death.  For someone who has been mainly eating a paleo diet for the past six weeks (minus a cheat here and there over the past ten days), this weekend was full of some of the worst dietary choices of my life.  Every single meal had bread, something I haven't had a lot of lately.  Every single meal had questionable meat (I'm talking to you, Subway and McDonald's) or fried chicken.

And the sugar I consumed.  Ay yi yi.  Bad idea.

I regret every choice I made this weekend, and I usually don't say that when I eat a lot of junky food.  Monday was straight back to Paleo diet.

Lettuce never tasted so good.  Here's to hopefully not feeling thirty again for a good long while.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS