I'm coming to you from my couch on Day 1 of what looks to be at least three days of no school. I'm kind of okay with that, but not really because snow days have to be made up for teachers.
Anyway, it's been pretty quiet over here, but it's mainly because I've had no desire to actually blog. I still read blogs daily, but I just haven't felt like sitting down and typing out a post. I often go through this little routine. I want a record of what's going on in my life, but at the same time, I don't want to be tied to this place. I don't want to feel like I have to blog about everything I do, but like I said, I want to remember these days and years.
So we'll see where this goes. For now, here's what's been up...
one. Last night, as I was pulling in to my neighborhood, my alarm company called saying my alarm was going off. I figured it was my dogs barking at the front window, and I was right. There was a dog across the street that the neighbor had tied up. I talked to him (he's like my only halfway decent neighbor) and found out the dog was lost. I offered to run it up to the vet to see if they could scan him for a microchip. He didn't have one, so when I came back I walked him around the neighborhood to see if anyone recognized him.
Someone did, and he went and got the dog's owner. I was so happy we found his owner!!
But people in my neighborhood kept saying, oh you're so nice for doing this. NO. This is what I hope someone would do if my dogs got out. It would have haunted me forever if I just let that dog go and then saw him on the side of the road. My family has had two dogs get out and then get hit by cars, Max (a black lab mix) and Belvedere (a golden retriever mix). Max got hit right in front of our house. Right by the mailbox. And the jerks didn't even stop and let my mom know.
I can't save all the stray/lost dogs, but I can help find the home of a lost dog.
two. The news won't stop talking about the possibility of people losing power due to ice. Thankfully, I have a gas powered stove and fireplace. However, it will still suck if I don't have power for the next few days, especially since I need to get some things done using the internet tomorrow.
Like my taxes, a support letter for Ghana, some essays I have to have due by Friday, and a few other things.
three. What is it about snow and cold weather that makes me want to eat EVERYTHING? I actually lost some weight in January, but I am pretty sure I gained it all back this past week. I just want to eat everything- bowls and bowls of chili, all the sugar in the house, bread, bread, and more bread.
I'm avoiding a scale until it gets warm.
Which, typical Georgia, will be next week when it's predicted to be in the mid to high 60's.
Now I'm off to watch the Olympics!
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment