Sunday, March 23, 2014

Ughhhh Out of Shape

Guys, I am out of shape.  Big time.

I got motivated to work out today, and I just did a simple circuit style workout.  It lasts about fifteen minutes when done correctly.

However.  I was breathing heavily and contemplating quitting within three minutes.  I also was very concerned my nachos I ate for dinner were going to make their way back up.

It was bad.  And I got mad.  I'm certainly not the epitome of health and exercise, and I never, ever have been.  But I have been in shape before.  I have been able to complete a workout without wanting to die in the first three minutes.  (Except the first time I went to spin class- MISERABLE.)  I trained and competed in a triathlon last year, for crying out loud!

So now I'm mad at myself that I've let myself get so out of shape.  I am now committing to doing something physical every single day, whether it's the circuit workout or a walk with my dogs.

I've also got to do something about my diet, but I don't really enjoy cooking or looking for new recipes.
And let's be perfectly clear that I know that I don't follow through with most of my exercise goals.  There's a good possibility I'll forget about this within a week.

I'm trying though.  Maybe I'll start posting weekly what I'm doing workout wise.  Maybe I won't.

I just hope next time I try to workout I don't want to vomit and die.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Girl, I feel your pain. Ick. But you are making the first step! You got this!

If you want some great ideas for at-home workouts or just motivation, I'm in a great group on instagram. Use the hashtag #stopandgivemethirty. Love to see you there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS