![]() |
| Quite possibly one of my favorite trees ever. |
Also, none of the pictures in this post have anything to do with what I'm talking about. But they're some of my favs from Ghana.
1. Summer leaves me with a lot of free time. At least right now. Mid-July comes around and I get into teacher mode again, but right now, especially coming off of a trip to Ghana, I'm kind of lazy. And by that, I mean I don't wash my hair for several days, I may not take a shower each day, and I spend 10+ hours each day laying in my bed or on the couch.
I've also been reading like crazy. I've really expanded my reading preferences over the past couple of years. I still have my go to authors and genres, but thanks to book club, I've started reading a lot of new books. Not necessarily liking them, but reading them. And Kindle has a ton of free books, but you have to be careful because many of them are absolutely terrible. And you have to dig and specify your genre you want because otherwise you'll end up with either a whole bunch of classics you've probably already read or some really terrible romance novels.
Here is what I have discovered with these free Kindle books: There are some really STUPID people in this world. Y'all, I've gotten some pretty decent books out of the free Kindle books, but many, MANY of them have been horribly written. I'm talking grammatical errors, poorly written sentences, undeveloped main characters, and absolutely stupid plot lines. And then I read the reviews and am absolutely shocked because they have high ratings and absolutely glowing reviews for the most part.
And I know that I am definitely not the best with standard English- have you heard me talk? But I also don't publish books.
Do people not have standards when it comes to literature? And I'm being very generous with the word literature on some of these books I've read.
![]() |
| This group of kids were practicing for their KG graduation. So cute! |
2. My mom and I are planning on making this blueberry zucchini bread today. I was given a giant zucchini over the weekend and I was going to make zucchini pizza with it, but I wasn't sure if I actually liked zucchini. I've had some zucchini muffins before and liked it.
I hope it's good- I'll come back and report either way.
![]() |
| Also, one of my favorite views. Mole National Park, Ghana |
3. I got my hair cut on Sunday. I went over to my hairstylist's house- he no longer works at a salon, and I'd consider us friends at this point. I trust him completely, showed him a few pictures of what I liked, and then didn't think about my hair again until he finished.
I LOVE it. It's layered at my shoulders and collarbone. But I won't show you a picture just yet. Because on Monday morning, the very next day, I dropped my laptop on my face and cut my forehead. It also left a pretty red mark and goose egg that still has not disappeared. It's not as red today, and the bump has gone down, but it's SO embarrassing.
So I'll show you a picture next week, ok?
Okay, gotta go catch the rest of the USA-Germany game! I watched this video, and now I'm really pumped about the game! {Words I never expected to say...}
.jpg)



2 comments:
BAHAHAHA I'm trying to imagine how you managed to drop your laptop on your FACE. THat is awesome. And I am also in awe of how dumb people are when I read the Amazon reviews of TERRIBLE free books. Ugh. It's depressing to know people have such horrible taste in reading (and grammar) that they LIKE some of that stuff. Depressing.
OMG on your face! And I'm laughing at the lazy --- that's pretty much how I feel when it comes to our snow days/weeks. Pajamas/yoga pants/greasy hair for the win!
Post a Comment