This weekend, I wasn't super busy, but I was super productive. I saw something on Thought Catalog, I think, about how in our college years/early 20's, we loved having an awesome story to tell from the weekend, but in our late 20's, we are obsessed with having a productive weekend.
Absolutely. I will be happy to share about my productive weekend. I cleaned my house, washed dishes, clothes, and anything else that was dirty. I cut my grass, worked in my yard, and worked out. Twice. I went to church on Saturday night, had dinner with my friend Amy after church, and read a bunch. I served at church on Sunday, tried to spend a few hours at the pool but couldn't due to crappy weather, and had book club.
I didn't finish the book for book club, but it wasn't for lack of trying. It was Plato's Symposium and every single time I tried to read, I started to fall asleep. So I didn't read it. Then the two English majors hijacked our discussion and made some of us feel like huge dummies (I know I did, at least).
It was a good weekend. One without photos of what I did, so I will leave you with two things. One, a photo of my dog and his gigantic new stuffed animal. Two, one of my favorite worship songs. When I'm at school, I almost always play it before my kids arrive.
![]() |
| Ace is a lab and about 80 pounds, for your reference. This thing is huge, and he likes to try to drag it around. |
.jpg)

2 comments:
Productive weekends are the best! Ours was that way too ... we just had a HUGE to do list and only accomplished about half of it.
Hahaha that giant stuffed animal is awesome. You are way nicer to your dog than I am to mine...I would never want something that huge and unnecessary taking up floor space. :) And your book club reads PLATO?!??!! And mine reads YA every month. Ha. Different strokes... ;)
Post a Comment