Monday, June 2, 2014

Hairs

My hair is the longest it's been in forever.  I love my hair- it's straight, it's thick, but not ridiculously thick, the color is unique (and REAL- I cannot tell you how many people have told me they didn't believe me over the years), and it's soft.

Here's a recent picture of my hair.  And my friends, but let's focus on my hair.

It's also getting a little unmanageable.  When it gets this long, especially in the summer, I rarely, if ever, do anything with it besides throw it up in a messy bun.  Even a ponytail is too much because it gets heavy.  I've added a side braid recently, but sometimes that looks like a hot mess because of the thickness of my hair.

And now that it's hot, I have a major temptation to go chop it all off.  Not too much, but maybe a long bob.  Here are the ideas I'm loving:



All screenshots of my pics from my Pinterest hair board.  Because I still don't know how to embed Pinterest links on here.


Now, I am fully aware that even if I take those photos in to my hairstylist, and that is a whole 'nother dilemma to find a new one, I will not magically look as awesome as Emma Stone or Jessica Alba or whoever.  And I can GUARANTEE you I will not style my hair everyday.  But shorter hair is just easier!  You don't blow dry your hair for what seems like an hour, and it still not be all the way dry.  Curls don't hold that well in my hair to begin with, but they hold a lot better in short hair.

I'm pretty much convinced myself to chop it off.  I think it's long enough I can donate it, and my hair grows really fast.  Like, really fast.

Now on to find a new hairstylist.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Love it!! I will live vicariously through your braveness!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS