Happy Friday, folks. My Friday looks the same as every other day this week- laying around in bed for a few hours, moving to the couch to catch up on some tv, then finally getting up and maybe running some errands.
This is my life during the summer, people. Real exciting.
Anyway, I leave in one week for Ghana. ONE WEEK. You want to guess how prepared I am?
Not at all. Not even close. Does it bother me?
Not at all. Which is huge for me because I am a worrier and a planner. But I don't care. I had this same attitude last time around. Just whatevs because I know it'll all work out and be fine. On these trips, I am so different than I am in any other situation.
Flights cancelled and have to be rerouted through another airport in another state, forcing our next flight to be delayed for us? No sweat off my back, just another story of me literally sprinting through JFK airport at ten pm.
Luggage doesn't show up, meaning I don't have the majority of my stuff for a few days? Oh, well. Repeat outfits. {Also, I would like to say that I have ALWAYS packed most of my important stuff for international flights in my carry-on for this very reason. The one time I didn't, my luggage didn't show up until three days in to the trip. Or maybe two....I can't remember. My point is I should have packed my important stuff in my carry-on.}
Oh, and then I just scheduled an appointment to get malaria medication. I don't even go until next week. Most malaria meds you have to start taking ahead of time. I am waiting until the latest possible moment to get the medication and start taking it on time. But I'm not worried!
My passport and vaccine records? Haven't seen in it months. My aunt's supposed to have it, and I trust that she does, but I'm not worried.
Like, I just don't care. I don't care how many outfits I'm packing, I don't care if they're matchy matchy. I. DON'T. CARE.
I'm excited to see my teammates, I'm excited to see Enoch, the missionary. I'm excited to go back to the school we were at last year. I'm excited to be in Ghana again.
But all the little stuff? Not a problem at all. I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that I've traveled out of the country multiple times, I know what to expect, etc. I may need to be shaken out of my comfort zone soon, but for now, I'm just not sweating it.
One week, folks. Seven days.
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment