Thursday, May 22, 2014

I Wish I Was Jen Hatmaker

Have you heard of Jen Hatmaker?  She's one of my very favorite people, even though I've never met her.  She's an author/blogger/speaker/Bible study writer.  Plus, I think she's coming out with an HGTV show about renovating an old house (possibly a farmhouse? not sure...but that is MY DREAM).  I love her sense of humor, her beliefs, her cute family, but most of all, the way she has with words.  Every single thing I read that she writes, whether it be a book, a tweet, or a blog post, I agree with and wish I had written it.  

Like her latest post.  I am not even kidding when I say I had been thinking about the exact same thing for the 24 hours before I had read it.

I feel like I have a very diverse set of friends.  I have my core, my friends that have come from college.  They are solid.  We have been through a lot and have really become like family.  There isn't any judgement from them because we have all seen each other at our absolute worst.  I wouldn't be the person I am today without these people.

I have friends that have come from church and from small group.  Also a solid group, mostly girls.  They push me closer to God and challenge me and my beliefs.  They pray for me and with me, and I pray for them and with them.  I wouldn't be the person I am today without these people.

I have made some great friends at work.  I have some great friends in Savannah that I've met through family and through mission trips.  I still keep in touch with one good friend from high school.  

What I love most about having all these different groups of friends is how different they are.  I don't think it's a bad thing to have friends who are way different than you.  Jen Hatmaker basically takes my thoughts and expresses them a lot better than I ever would have, but I think a life without those differences would be pretty boring.  

This might be my most favorite thing Jen Hatmaker wrote today:  

The higher I place God, the easier it is to locate my own station. When He reigns, I am free to just be a forgiven sinner who doesn’t always have to be right or perfectly understood or popular. When I reign, I have much to defend and protect, because how else am I going to stay on top? With God solidly in charge and honored, I am liberated to just be an ordinary girl who loves Jesus and loves people.

She's just so good and on point all the time.  So, go check her out, ok?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS