Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Bad Dog Strikes Again

So, this morning, the receptionist at my school buzzes me and asks if I can take a phone call.  I couldn't, but she said she thought I really needed to take it.  Which, to me, immediately means someone has died.
I got my friend to cover my class while I answered the phone.  It was my mom, and thank goodness no one was dead.  My dog, on the other hand, was being rushed to the vet because he was bleeding profusely from the mouth.

This dog.  Unfortunately, this is not the first time this has happened.  He has done this sort of thing before- see here.

He has cost me more than my other dog and cat combined, and he is the youngest one.  I'd still pay 10x that much, though.

Anyway, somehow my dog cut up his tongue pretty badly and it wouldn't stop bleeding.  My dad came home from work (because my mother could not handle all the blood) to take him to the vet.  Ace had to be put all the way under anesthesia so they could cauterize his tongue and stitch it up.




He will be fine.  Now he is sleeping off the anesthesia and pain meds next me on the couch.  I love that dog, but he seriously needs to stop ruining my budget!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Oh no!! So scary!! So my question is, how did your mom even know about the dog? Does she stay at your mom's house? I'm just picturing this happening to us and we wouldn't discover it til we got home at 6:30 and Lola would have bled out by then... :( :( :( ...so I'm jealous how your mom was able to intervene so quickly!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS