Friday, August 1, 2014

First Day

Today is the first day of school for me.  It's crazy to think I am also starting my eighth year of teaching {also, it is incredibly hard for me to spell eighth correctly- I mess it up every single time}.  When I first started teaching as a young, naive, 22 year old, I couldn't even imagine being done with my first year of teaching, much less five, six, seven years of teaching.

I've learned a lot about myself as a teacher and as a person over the past seven years.  To be perfectly honest, I never saw myself at the school I'm at now for longer than a few years.  I lived in Athens at the time I got the job and it was within a thirty minute drive, so I was cool with it.  I didn't expect to stick around long though.  For several years, I wanted to quit and find a new career path.  Teaching was HARD.  But here I am, going on year eight.

I made SO many mistakes that first year.  And my second and third and each year after that.  I'll be making some this year, too.

I feel like I could keep going on about how I've changed and what I've learned and yada yada yada, but I still haven't even picked out a first day outfit and it's almost nine pm.  (I wrote this last night.)

Priorities, people.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Awww have a great first day!!!

Michelle said...

AHHH hope it was a great day! Y'all start EARLY!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS