In August. In Georgia. Need I say more?
Oh, but I will.
Y'all, it was horrible. It would come on after a few hours and stay on at first. But then it stayed hotter longer and it worked for a shorter amount of time, until it just stopped working.
Can I give you a mental picture? Twenty-five fourth graders, one to two adults, three gigantic windows with direct sunlight, and zero AC. For hours on end.
FOR THE LOVE it was hot.
That was me. Especially so because I already sweat profusely just walking down the hall.
But I got to thinking. I truly, honestly do not know how people live without air conditioning. I have traveled to places without AC, but usually it wasn't as hot and humid as it is here and usually there was a breeze or something that would help. Not the case in my room. I would GLADLY give up the following in order to keep AC:
-tv
-internet
-all the technology in my classroom
-laptops
-candy
-Dr. Pepper
-peanut butter
-microwave
I am also so thankful that our custodian likes me and that our school secretary likes me, too, because the two of them had somebody out today and yesterday from maintenance fixing my AC. Now I have a special thermostat that allows me to actually control the temperature in my room. And you better believe it's on the lowest setting.
I'm already in bed, and my fan is on full blast, along with my AC. Best invention ever.



No comments:
Post a Comment