Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Labor Day Weekend

I love three day weekends.  I don't love four day work weeks.  Really, I don't.  At least in the teaching world.  They are so much harder than a full week!

Anyway, my three day weekend was awesome.  We'll see how my four day week goes.

Friday night was a stay in, super chill night.  I did nothing except lay on the couch and read and watch TV.

Saturday was an errand running, house cleaning day.  It was capped off with a Mean Girls themed birthday party for my friend Tom.  It was hosted my friend Manny, who should really own a party planning business.  His parties are always perfectly planned with every little detail thought of and matching.  He even had a Burn Book for people to sign.




Fake laughing with our friend Ben 
The birthday boy

A picture of Jessica taking a picture of her cake...#youguysarereallycool

I can't even get people to show up at my parties.

Anyway, I think the hot pink cake was my favorite part.  Or maybe the delicious taco bar.  Or maybe both.



We had a pretty bad thunderstorm overnight on Saturday, so I was afraid it would affect my pool plans on Sunday.  However, it dried up and cleared up and I spent Sunday afternoon at the pool with my friends Amy and Dusti.  I love these two girls.  They're in my small group and we've become pretty good friends over the past year or so.

Stolen from Amy's FB

And then Labor Day.  We used to spend every Labor Day and Memorial Day in Savannah on the boat.  I miss those days, but I didn't really mind my own Labor Day.  I hung around by myself at home, went to the pool again for a little bit, dropped by my friend Jessica's cookout (and figured out my Halloween costume- finally!!), and then small group started up again!

I don't know how I would do life without small group.  Seriously.  My small group girls have changed over the past four years, but the group I lead now has pretty much stayed the same for the past year.  They are awesome girls, but I would not be the person I am today without small groups.

And now it's Tuesday.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS