Friday, June 14, 2013

Five On Friday, Vol. 1

If I were working this summer, I'd be so pumped Friday was actually here.  Since I'm not, it's just another day.

But, I thought I'd join in for the 5 on Friday link-up cause I looooove making lists!




one.
I am so not feeling Pinterest anymore.  I barely check it, and when I do, it's just to see what my friends have pinned.  I mean, there's super cute crap, don't get me wrong, but it's just so overwhelming in so many ways that it's sickening.

Maybe I should just hire someone to come do all the cute stuff for me.  Any takers?

two. 
Alright, so I've never professed a love for plants and I've never enjoyed working in the yard.  Ever.  I like the end result, but absolutely hate doing any of the work.  It always ends badly for me, anyway.  Poison ivy, spider bites, that sort of thing.  But, my parents have been working like crazy in their yard and I am jealous.  It is so pretty, especially my mom's hydrangeas.

This one is over 100 years old- it has come from my grandmother's house in Savannah to my parents house 20+ years ago.  And some of the flowers are PURPLE.




It is the biggest hydrangea bush I've ever seen in my life.  The tallest part comes up a few inches below my shoulder (and I'm 5'7") and it is several feet wide.

three.
We had our last meeting for Ghana last night.  It feels so surreal that I'm leaving on Monday.  I am still nowhere near ready.  I basically threw everything in three suitcases yesterday and plan on repacking on Sunday.

Plus, it was a little hard to pack with a cat.  Surely my cat (and my old cat Maverick) are not the only cats who LOVE suitcases.  They are obsessed with them.



four.
I've been getting emails about my ten year high school reunion.  I can't go because of a wedding, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't go anyway, but it feels weird that it's been ten years!

five.
I committed to running with my cousin this morning.  Outside in Savannah.  Yesterday it was 97 degrees, with a heat index of 102.  Um, yeah, no thanks.  I hope I don't die.

It's also the first kind of exercise I've done since my triathlon a month ago, so yeah...this will be fun.

Alright, I'm already running late on meeting her, so I gotta cut this short.

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Kelsea said...

I love hydrangeas! I planted one earlier this summer and it's not looking too hot! I'd love for it to get big like that one. Ok, hopefully you've written about this Ghana trip in other posts (going to have to browse around), but if not I'd love to hear about it!

Unknown said...

Those hydrangeas are beautiful. Here is South Africa we call them Christmas roses because they only blossom that time of year.

Mel
http://mels-corner.blogspot.com/

Sara Elizabeth said...

I haven't logged in pinterest in forever! Glad I'm not the only one who is kinda over it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS