Friday, October 25, 2013

Five on Friday: Andy Griffith, A Dress, and Podcasts

Today, I'm linking up with NatashaChristinaDarci, and April for Five on Friday.



one. So it appears lately I'm a two post a week kind of girl.  Eh, that's all I can manage right now.  I feel like Honey Boo Boo.


That's my life right now, for real.


two. A few times this week I watched The Andy Griffith Show.  Not really by choice.  Long story short- I actually have DirecTV and Comcast tv.  Comcast is only in my bedroom and it's extremely basic- I only have it to save money on my internet bill.  Anyway, the channels are kind of slim pickings and the only thing decent at night is TV land.  Friends comes on, so it's perfect to fall asleep to since I've seen every episode many, many times.

But of course I've been going to bed early these days, so I've got awhile before Friends.  The Andy Griffith Show always reminds me of my dad and my grandpa.  And my uncle, too.  They all watch/watched it and reference it all the time.  I can't you the number of times I went over to my grandparents' house and my grandpa was watching one of two things: The Andy Griffith Show or baseball.

I miss that man.

three.  So, you may remember that I've been looking for a dress for a wedding I'm attending this weekend.  Or maybe not- I really can't remember if I said that or not.

But, here was my dilemma- this is an outdoor wedding, and it's in Savannah.  It's also getting chillier at night, so many of my summer/fall dresses won't work.  The only other dress that was an option was a dress I wore to a wedding in August where most of the same people who will be at this wedding were at.  Can't have that happening.

Well, last weekend I was out shopping and came across this dress.  Look, I promise you it's ten times cuter in person.  It's a little bit more than I wanted to spend, but $30 Target dresses won't work for every occasion.


How about I just take some pictures of me in the dress at the wedding and post them later?  Because this really isn't doing it justice.

four.  October was a major marathon travel month for me.  I've been to South Carolina, Tennessee, and all of the state of Georgia.  While they were/are all for great things, I'm kind of looking forward to a weekend where I can sit my butt on my couch for the entire weekend and not take a shower until Sunday morning.

I think that might be coming up next weekend, but I don't want to jinx myself.

five. I listen to a lot of podcasts on my way to work.  I listen to ones from my church, but also from churches around the country.  This past week, I listened to a podcast sermon from Mars Hill Church out in Seattle.  Dr. Eric Mason was speaking on strongholds.  It was a good one, y'all.  But one quote he said really stuck out to me.  He said:


"God doesn't see us merely where we are, but he sees us in what it looks like when he gets to us and change happens."  

Whoa.  I had to go back and listen to that a few times.  It's good stuff.

Well, happy Friday!



1 comment:

Erika said...

I think that dress is fab but you DEFINITELY need to show us pictures of YOU in it so we can see it better!! That Honey Boo Boo gif is way too awesome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS