Monday, October 21, 2013

Weekend Rewind: Serving, Baptisms, and Fall Weather

Happy Monday my friends!!  I am actually pretty excited for this Monday, but I'm not really sure why.  I just wrapped up a pretty awesome week long fall break.  Usually I'm itching for the next break, but I'm ready to get back to my routine.

A few reasons why this weekend was great:

one. My small group and I got together to volunteer at the local co-op.  I've volunteered there before, and it's always a wonderful experience.  The director and other volunteers are just amazing and so welcoming.  And it's a really humbling experience.

This particular co-op gets absolutely no state or federal funding.  They run completely off of donations and Jesus.  Seriously, the director told us some stories of how God just completely provided for them when they were in need.  The sort of stories that give you chills and tears in your eyes.

I love it.  I love being able to serve my community and serve with my small group.



Also, afterwards, we ate at this DELICIOUS restaurant, The Peachtree Cafe.  OMGAMAZING.  Seriously, one of the best Cuban sandwiches I've ever had, and apparently, the waffles were pretty dang good as well.  I should have been a good blogger and taken a picture of my food, but I was too busy inhaling it.  Sorry.

I cannot wait to go back.

two. Saturday night, several of us from my small group met up to support another girl in our small group (and a new friend of ours who served with us at the co-op).  They both were getting baptized at the open baptism weekend.  I'm telling you what, it is a powerful, powerful feeling to witness people commit their lives to the Lord and rededicate themselves to the Lord.

I also saw a former student of mine and her mom get baptized.  Such a sweet moment.

three. My brother randomly showed up at my parents' house on Sunday.  He lives four hours away, and he's been super busy lately.  He's also royally ticked off my parents for various reasons that I won't into here, and I believe he was trying to make up for it.  Haha.

But no for real, it was really good to hang out with him and I know my parents were happy to see him.  He didn't tell anyone he was coming up, so they were pretty surprised.

four. People of the Atlanta area, have you seen the weather for this upcoming week?  It looks GLORIOUS.  Pretty chilly in the morning, and only in the sixties by the afternoon (except Monday and Tuesday- 70 and 71).  Boots and leggings and sweats, you are about to be featured 24/7 in my wardrobe.

I will take all three of these outfits in my closet, please and thank you.



via- one, two, three
{ps- I just tried to figure out how to embed pins from Pinterest on here for a ridiculous amount of time...still to no avail...is it that hard or am I just making it too hard?}

five.  This cooler weather means less humidity, which means curls will most likely stay in my hair for longer than five minutes.  Thank you, Georgia humidity, for never letting me be too vain or cocky about my hair.  You always know how to bring a girl back down to Earth when she's thinking she's looking good with her fresh makeup and beautifully styled hair.  

I am going to try curling my hair more this week.  Maybe it'll last a few hours instead of a few minutes?  We'll see.  

six.  One more quick thing, I invested in a quick, inexpensive blog makeover.  I'm happier with it now.  That's all.

How was your weekend, pretty people?

2 comments:

Erika said...

love the new blog look! AND those 3 outfits! And you aren't alone-- somehow embedding pins is now IMPOSSIBLE. It used to be really easy, but I canNOT figure it out anymore. Lame. LOVING this weather!

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

aren't baptisms the best?! they make me cry nearly every time. love sharing that joy of new life!!!

xx
elise

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS