Friday, October 18, 2013

Five on Friday: Music Obsession, Bedding, and Sisters

I have been up entirely too early for my Fall Break.  I did go back to bed for an hour or so, but still.  5:30 am on my day off is not cool.

Jumping right back in for 5 on Friday with these lovely ladies:



one. I know I'm a little late on the Ellie Goulding train, but y'all.  I love her music.  And her, but mainly her music.  My two favorite songs right now:



two. I'm on a crunch to find a dress for a wedding I'm attending in a week.  I'm so excited for the wedding, especially because we're (the group I'm attending the wedding with) making a weekend out of it.

Except I don't have a dress.  Online boutiques are not an option anymore, simply because of time.  This weekend is a little busy, but I guess I'm going to need to carve out some time to go shopping.  If all else fails, I do have a dress I could wear, but it's certainly not my favorite.

three. I ordered a mattress earlier this week and it's being delivered today.  It's going in my guest room so I can finally actually have a guest room.  Well, I've got some ideas for how I want to decorate the room.  I've never been a super girly girl.  I've never been into pinks or frills or anything like that.  But for some reason, I really want this room to be really frilly and girly.  Not the pink, though.  I'm still not a pink person.  Here are my ideas for bedding:

via- one, two, three

Three is my favorite, but it's so pretty I want it for my own bedroom.  However, two 80 pound dogs who shed like crazy + that bedspread will surely end up in disaster.

four. You know how my sister got engaged last weekend?  Well my mom and I are throwing an engagement party for her and her fiance at the end of November.  I think it's going to be a lot of fun throwing the party for her.  Also, you know how I just said I was never a girly girl growing up and didn't like the color pink?  Well, my sister is the exact opposite.  Pink, all shades of pink, is her favorite color.  It's the main color for her wedding (that was chosen before a location or date).  Not only does she love pink, but she loves the frills and ruffles and the romantic/shabby-chic look with all the pink.

It's funny how different sisters can be!

five.  I think I'm going to get a quick, cheap blog makeover soon.  I hate the way my blog looks now, but I don't want to invest a lot of money in it right now.  I don't like a lot of "fluff" and I like things simple and clean, so you may see something that fits that soon.

Alright, I'm off to listen to more Ellie Goulding and enjoy my last day off for Fall Break!

3 comments:

Arielle said...

Congrats for your sisters engagement! And I love that third bedding too!

Jaclyn Y said...

Engagement parties are so much fun, that will be a blast! I need a blog makeover too, I just haven't taken the time yet to do anything about it!

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

elise!! :) hey doll.

1) woopwoop, just started followin'!
2) all of those bed comforters are SO cute
3) my sister is engaged too!! and her engagement party is in november!!!

xx
elise

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS