Monday, January 6, 2014

Back To The Grind

I'm back to work today.  After two weeks off.  As much as I love my job, I love vacation time even more.  And it doesn't matter that I didn't go anywhere.  I didn't have to get up with an alarm.  I didn't have to be in bed by nine so I could function the next day.

It doesn't help that the high for today is 25 degrees and the low is 4 degrees.  Listen, I know a good portion of the country is dealing with much, much colder weather and tons of snow.  That blows, it really does.  But down here in Georgia, we're not really prepared for cold weather like that.  I know of one way to deal with that kind of weather and that's to get in sweats, turn on the fire, and watch tv all day.  And never leave the house until spring.  Oh, and eat my weight in food.

Speaking of weight, I decided I wanted to feel even worse about my break ending so I weighed myself today.  Genius idea.  I saw the highest number I've ever seen.  Diet starts immediately.



But probably not because I have zero self-control.

Anyway, I'm on the struggle bus today.  It's hard getting back into the swing of things.  It is a workday for me, so I'm trying to get prepared for the week.  I'm going to go blast some Britney (probably Now That I Found You from her latest album) and get to work.

Over and out.

6 comments:

Erika said...

I'm with you on the diet. Can we blame the weight on the cold weather? Like maybe our bodies are hoarding fat rolls for hibernation purposes or something?

Michelle said...

I hear you on the weight gain. Ugh. I got on the scale for the first time in over a month on Thursday. Yeah. My biggest non-pregnancy weight. I began working out again that day and thankfully am already seeing some results.

We are actually on a snow day today, so tomorrow will really be torture :(

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Oh boy, first day back is so hard isn't it?! I worked from home today because it was cold...what the heck Georgia?!?!

I'm doing a February Fitness challenge - hope you'll join :)

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

Its hard not to gain a little weight during the holidays. Good luck shedding it in the new year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS