Monday, January 20, 2014

Weekends: Friends, Food, and Fun

Also, I love alliteration.

So currently, I'd be wrapping up our writing segment and getting ready to take my kids to specials.  BUT INSTEAD, I'm on my couch, in my robe, watching a marathon of NCIS.

Who doesn't love an extra day off?

This weekend was wonderful.  It was full, and I loved it.   Friday night, my cousin AK rolled in to town and we just kind of hung out.  I think we watched tv?  I know we talked a lot.

Both of us are teachers, so no matter what, we're up bright and early on the weekends.  We watched a few hours of HGTV Saturday morning and then headed down to Atlanta to meet her brother and his fiance and a couple of our other friends at Nuevo Laredo.  I love this place, even though there's always a wait.

AK and I were going to head over to the DeKalb Farmer's Market, but decided to split and head back to my house.  All those same people were coming up to my house, plus my two best friends for a Nertz tournament.  Do y'all know about Nertz?  I LOVE this game.  I like playing singles better, but we played doubles.

I may or may not have mentioned this before, but I am super competitive when it comes to games.  I like to think I hide it well these days, but in the past I was not above cheating to win.  Hahahaha.  Now, I just win because I'm AMAZING...but only at some games.

Anyway, probably the most important thing that came from Saturday night is that I added another meal that I can successfully make: chili.  I'd never made it before, but chili is one of my favorites.  Anna Kate and I made chili for everyone, and it was a success!!  The two of us (especially me) don't have a good track record with cooking or baking.

I think next time I'm going to make it I'm going to tweak it by adding a dry ranch seasoning packet and a taco packet to add some more flavor.

Sunday was a low-key day.  Anna Kate and I did a little shopping, had some fro-yo, made these apple chips (minus the sugar) and watched The Heat.  It was funny, but not as funny as I expected.

top left- delicious chili, top right- my first (ugly) pancake
bottom left- apple chips, bottom right- Nertz

And then I didn't set my alarm on Sunday night and I loved it.  AND I made pancakes for the first time ever, too.  They were mostly a success.

And instead of taking my kids to the lunchroom and speed eating my own lunch, I'm meeting a friend at the mall for a little more shopping and lunch.

Every weekend should be a three day weekend, amiright?

Peacin' out, kids.  Hope you're enjoying a day off as well!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Three-day weekends are amazing! I love having my little day to sit home, relax and do things at my own pace.

Michelle said...

Three-day weekends are amazing! I love having my little day to sit home, relax and do things at my own pace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS