Friday, January 31, 2014

Five For Friday: Blog Posts, Nintendo, and Ellie

Can I just say it's going to be a real shock when I have to work a full five days starting next week?  Since we've come back to school four weeks ago, I've only worked one full five day week.

I ain't complaining, but it will be kinda tough going back at it without any real breaks until Spring Break.

{And I fully realize any non-teacher is rolling their eyes at me right now since most of y'all don't get a Spring Break or some of the random days we have off.}

Anyway, I'm linking up with NatashaChristinaDarci, and April for Five on Friday.




one.  This week, I have been convicted, encouraged, and brought to tears from other bloggers' posts.  Two of them came from the Compassion bloggers who are currently in Uganda, a country that still has my heart from when I went there in 2005.

Grace.  At Home.

Choosing The One You Least Expect...this had me sobbing.  No joke, I'm not exaggerating at all.

The third one is from Melanie Shankle, an author/blogger.  Two parts REALLY struck home for me:

As I listened, really listened, to the words I felt God say to me, “You feel like this is too much because you’re trying to figure out how to do it on your own power and none of this is about you.” It took everything in me not to just pull the car over and cry because that’s exactly it. I’m trying to be graceful and compassionate and kind and wise and discerning and loving but I’m putting myself in charge of the production of all those attributes. And then my selfishness and pride and insecurity all rise to the top instead and I freak out because I know how lacking I am in basically every category and then I just want to sit on my couch and watch old episodes of Friday Night Lights because that feels safe.

(Except not Friday Night Lights for me...maybe House Hunters or Big Bang Theory?)

Because here’s the thing, it’s easier to sit on your couch than to risk failing. It’s easier to sit on your couch than to be out in the world where you’re vulnerable and open to being hurt or disappointed. But you know what happens while you sit on your couch playing Candy Crush and watching Tami Taylor? Life. Beautiful, gorgeous, fragile, heartbreaking, mind-blowing, life. God has a script written for each and every one of us, no matter who we are or what we’ve done or how much we feel completely ill-equipped for the adventure.

PREACH, girl.   Where Feet May Fail...go read it.



two.  I've spent quite a few hours over the past few days playing some old school Super Nintendo.  Put me in front of a Wii, or a PlayStation, or xbox, and I won't even know how to turn it on most likely.  But a Super Nintendo?

I'm there.

My dumb cat wanted in on the action, though.  She NEVER gets up around the tv, but as soon as I pulled it out on Wednesday, she hopped up on there.





three. I usually couldn't care less about who actually wins the Superbowl.  Not a huge NFL fan.  That's not the case this year, though.  I'm rooting for the Seahawks, mainly because of this commercial.





four.  
Also, last year I read The Fault In Our Stars by John Green for book club.  I loved the book, loved it loved it loved it.  And I highly recommend it.

The trailer for the movie was just released, and I've already watched it a million times.  I am definitely going to see this movie.  And I am definitely going to bring a whole box of tissues.






five.
 And finally, these two songs.  They've been on repeat lately.  I know I've mentioned this before, but I am obsessed with Ellie Goulding these days.  All her music, herself, her Instagram, even the Ellie Goulding station on Pandora.


 Dead In the Water by Ellie Goulding on Grooveshark

Happy Friday, kids.  I gotta go make that money, honey.  

1 comment:

Ashley said...

i really want to read fault in our stars...another one of my friends raved about it too! and i LOVED some nintendo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS