Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 In Review

I debated about doing this post for several reasons:

A- I am lazy.

B- I've never done one for the previous years I've blogged.

C- It's 2014 already.

But, I am laying on the couch after the best few days ever at Camp Eat A Lot (more on that later).  My ankles are swollen because of all the salty/fatty/DELICIOUS food I've eaten.  I've watched all my recorded shows.  I've caught up on blogs.  So, I blog.

Without further ado:

January: Shittiest month of the entire year, for me and all my friends.  For various reasons and events.  We were all glad it was over.  I decided my word of the year was self-control, and considering I just spent the last 72 hours eating at least 5,000 calories a day (you think I'm joking...), I'd say that went over REAL well.  My brother got a dog that I kept for a few days.  It was miserable.



February: Most importantly, visited Stephen in Baltimore with Jessica.  Got food poisoning and ate a million oysters.  Not in that order.  Part 2 and Part 3.





March: Took a "family" vacation to the mountains to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  Went turkey hunting with my brother, where we did not kill any turkeys, much less see one.



April: Went on a short trip to Savannah, did a little work to my backyard, read an amazing book.  That's kind of it.

Forsyth Park


May: My friend Danny received his PhD, I completed my first triathlon (worst experience ever), and I turned 28.




June: I went to my only Braves game this summer.  I went on a mission trip that changed my life- Ghana.




July: Celebrated July 4th late with some friends, learned to love Saturday mornings, and said goodbye to our family pet, Otis.


I'll miss you forever, sweet boy.

August: I had a student teacher, which taught me a lot about myself.  I celebrated Anna and Scott's wedding!



September: September was weird.  Nothing major happened, life sort of went on with nothing out of the ordinary.

October: I discovered Ellie Goulding and now can't stop listening to her.  Aside from that, it was, by far, the busiest month of the year for me.  That also means I didn't blog much and don't have many pictures.  I went to a family reunion, where my sister got engaged!  Also, celebrated Emily and Andy's wedding!




November: Also a busy month.  Thanksgiving, and I hosted my sister's engagement party.

December: Birthdays, Christmas parties, and a super busy holiday season = exhausted Elise who doesn't blog much.  I did co-host a party no one came to AND blogged about it.

This is NOT the party that no one came to.

OMG this was a huge pain.  Now I remember why I never did it before.

Regardless, 2013 was a pretty awesome year, most of the time.  2014 is shaping up to be pretty dang amazing as well based on my plans so far.

Peace out.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Your ankles are actually swelling from food over-consumption? I stand in awe, friend.

Stacey said...

How did you like having a student teacher? Is it too much work?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS