Max! He's living with me and my two crazy dogs for awhile.
Max wandered onto my parents' porch on Monday. He had a collar and a tag, so my mom called the number. Turns out Max belonged to a couple who were fostering him for a few months. Their daughter had rescued him from another couple who basically neglected him. They really couldn't keep him since they traveled all the time and were planning on taking him to the Lab Rescue Group the very next day.
My mom asked me if I wanted him. DUH, yes I do, but there's no way I can have three dogs. She asked my brother, too, and well...he is now my brother's dog. He's a full-blooded three and a half year old yellow lab. He's currently going through heart worm treatment because his neglectful first owners did NOTHING to take care of this boy.
Max is hanging with me until my brother can come get him. He gets along fine with Marley (who I thought he would have issues with), but he and Ace are really wary of each other. Ace has snapped at him a few times. I think it will get better, but I'm having to keep a close eye on them right now.
Max is going to looooove his new life. My brother can take him to work. He also hunts, fishes, and spends a lot of time outdoors, so Max will be with my brother almost all the time.




2 comments:
Wow! What a wonderful story! I'm so glad your brother was able to take him, he's such a cute fella! :)
I hope he and your dogs (especially Ace) can be buddies unteil your brother can get there!
He's sooo cute!!!
Post a Comment