Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Reasons Why Being A Homeowner Is Awesome, Volume 1

I'm sure I will add to this over the next few weeks and months, but in the almost four months I've been a homeowner, I've come up with some excellent reasons why taking on a scary mortgage for 30 years is totally worth it.

one. You can ruin breakfast and no one will get mad at you.  The other morning I made eggs for an egg sandwich.  Woof.  I thought I was good at making eggs, but apparently I need to work on my technique.  But, I simply fed most of my sandwich to my dogs and then ate something else.

two. You don't have to think about anyone else when decorating.  My room just needs some curtains, and a rug and then it will be done.  The living room needs a few more things, but it's been a lot of fun!  Oh, and you can actually decorate.  Renting apartments and houses will make you kind of gun shy of decorating too crazy.  

three. You can Veet your legs on Sunday night.  In your own kitchen and living room.  Not that I've ever done anything like that.

four. Your dinner can be this just because.  Yes, that would be cookies, ice cream, and a coke.


five. When you come home from work or from being out or whatever, you can walk into your house and realize that even though you're paying more bills than you've ever paid in your LIFE, this place is yours.  And you did it by yourself and at the age of 27.  And I'm sorry, that's pretty awesome.

I guess this is really more of a "Reasons Why Living On Your Own Is Awesome," but it's all the same to me.

What are some other reasons why being a homeowner/living by yourself is awesome?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh gosh, I can't remember the last time I lived by myself so there is no way I can answer that one. But you are totally right about decorating your own home. I think too, you feel better about spending $ on those things, and the right things, because you know it is lasting.

Emily said...

That's a great list! I'm glad that you're so happy in your house! I've never lived on my own, and I cannot imagine that I will until I'm old and grey so I don't know what that part is like, but ENJOY it. I'm sure you're getting to know yourself and that's awesome too!

Erika said...

Totally agree on that healthy dinner choice. I've been known to enjoy a meal like that a time or two myself!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS