1. Paint my living room. Picking a paint color is a goal of mine for January, and I actually have a color picked out! I'm going to get a tester soon just to make sure it works.
2. Speaking of the living room, I need to get curtains, replace my mantle, and get a new coffee table.
3. Set up guest room/office. This will entail me painting, getting curtains, getting a bed, and a desk. So yeah. A lot.
![]() |
| View from the doors |
![]() |
| View from back corner |
4. Get a table and some chairs for my back patio. I currently have two Adirondack type chairs (they are teal, heavy plastic, and from Target...so not even close to real Adirondack chairs, but I love them!), but I want an actual table. Something like these two would be perfect.
5. Finish my pantry. I need to add more shelves. My house has this little "office nook," but it's pretty tiny for an office. I've turned it into a pantry, but as you can see, storage is limited.
![]() |
| The view from the doorway...which also doesn't have a door since it's technically an office nook, so something needs to be done about that. |
![]() |
| And so you can see...not much storage. You can also see how I haven't been to the store in forever and yes I do love Slim Jims. |
6. Build stairs out in my backyard. My brother has committed to helping me with this. The stairs will go right in the middle of this retaining wall.
| View of the left and my dog Ace |
| View of the right |
One day, I'd love to replace my living room furniture, but that's definitely not a priority for this year. I'd also like to add flowers and plants and stuff that I can't kill in the backyard, but again, so not a priority this year.
So there we go. House goals for 2013. I hope I can come back in December or next January and say these are done.
Happy Thursday!








2 comments:
You've got some big goals! I'm sure you can do it all though, just takes time and money, right???
I love the different levels of your back yard, too, that is soo neat!
This is a great list! I should totally sit down with hubby and really do this. We know that top of our list is our basement (which will probably cost around $10K) but from there we are torn between doing other updates we want but don't need right now, or just putting the extra money toward principal in an effort to pay off our house way early.
Your backyard is too cute!
Post a Comment