Monday, December 30, 2013

Irrational Emotions

Hey, news flash.  I cry easily.  I get upset easily.  I do not hide my emotions well.  It may even be physically impossible for me to do so.

I really thought I hid my emotions well up until the last year or so, but I've been called out a few times on the faces I make or the attitude I get.  Something to work on, I suppose.

Anyway, like I said, I get emotional easily, and sometimes those emotions are quite irrational.

Proof?  Keep reading.

one.  My dogs are fairly young- Ace is 4 and a half, Marley is almost seven.  Ok, I guess Marley is a little old.  Both are pretty healthy.  But I still get irrationally upset about the day I'll have to say goodbye to the two of them.  Oh my word, it is not going to be pretty.


Yep, these two right here.


two. I get really worried about the state of our environment.  I know I contribute to the problem, driving a large SUV that doesn't get great gas mileage.  But still, I get so concerned when people don't recycle (especially when it's FREE and and the bins are PROVIDED in your county...talking to you, Dad).  I hate to waste paper.  I hate seeing people waste paper.  I also work in an elementary school, and the amount of paper used in one day is astounding.  Oh, and let's not even get started on my thoughts of polluted waters.

three. I get really sad during Christmas.  I hate the fact that it flies by and is over before you know it.  I also get really nostalgic for when we were younger.

four.  I also get really sad when I think about memories with my parents.  Sometimes I wonder if they're like, "holy crap, I've got kids in their late 20's.  What happened to my toddlers?"  I get that way when I realize I am 28 and not 18.  And then I get sad when I think about how horrible I was to my parents in my teens.  I was such an awful brat.

My parents at my college graduation...six years ago, but I'm too lazy to look for another picture.

five. There is a black widow spider living in my garage, underneath a shelf to be exact.  He will not be killed by me because I am absolutely terrified to attempt to kill spiders, especially big ones.  Like, even thinking about trying to gets me all worked up and anxious.

Sooooo, let's all pray that guy doesn't come in my house.  {He hasn't so far- I do check in and make sure he hasn't moved.}

six. Something else I get really worked up about and anxious about?  Revolving doors.  A couple weekends ago, I was playing Taboo with some friends and "revolving doors" came up as my word.  I said I was scared of them, which I guess isn't technically true.  They just make me really nervous.  What if you end up in the same space as someone else?  What if you don't walk fast enough and the door hits you?  What if you walk too fast and you run into the door?  What if you wait too long to jump in to your little space and people behind you get angry?  What if some dumb kid thinks it's funny to go really fast?

Why do we even have these doors??

So that's that.  I have irrational fears and irrational emotions.  I guess one could call me irrational.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Are you sure we aren't twins separated at birth?? I share many of these fears with you, particularly revolving doors. THEY ARE UNNECESSARY!!! Why do they exist??! And the amount of paper wasted in the elementary schools I worked in almost put me into fits on a regular basis.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS