But I left work on Friday, came home and immediately got in my sweats, and then just chilled out. It's been nice, and I've caught up on blogs.
I meant to get this together to post for Friday, but it didn't happen. So it's a mash-up of a weekend rewind and Five For Friday.
one. Have y'all heard Jamie Lynn Spears' new song?? It's good. Surprisingly good. I think you should check it out.
I am in love and cannot stop listening to it! I'm also a little mad because I found out she was at a local venue in Decatur last Thursday night and I so would have gone if anyone of my friends would have joined me.
But, alas, they suck and said no.
jkjk. I love my friends, but most of them wouldn't be caught dead at a Jamie Lynn concert.
two. Every weekend in December is filled with parties. Tis the season for busyness. I'm super excited about all of them, especially since I'm co-hosting our annual Christmas party. It's our seventh year doing the party. It's totally different than the dinner party that started this tradition back when we were 22, but it's still a blast.
Anyway, this past Saturday wasn't a Christmas party, but a birthday celebration. My friend Manny hosted a wine and cheese tasting and then we played some games. Taboo and Cards for Humanity.
I feel like, overall, I've gotten less competitive as I've gotten older. That's a good thing because when I was in college and my early twenties, I used to be so competitive I'd cheat and then people didn't like to be on my team (unless you liked to WIN, and in that case, I was your girl). The exception was my fellow partner in crime, and we always teamed up together because neither of us minded cheating to win.
But don't get me wrong. I still LOVE TO WIN and will go to almost any measure to win. Unfortunately, I was on the losing team last night, but it was by no means my fault. I have GOT to do a better screening process before I am put on a team because I had some third string type players in my group.
Maybe I'm still just as competitive as I was when I was younger. Maybe I just hide it better now.
Anyway, this past Saturday wasn't a Christmas party, but a birthday celebration. My friend Manny hosted a wine and cheese tasting and then we played some games. Taboo and Cards for Humanity.
I feel like, overall, I've gotten less competitive as I've gotten older. That's a good thing because when I was in college and my early twenties, I used to be so competitive I'd cheat and then people didn't like to be on my team (unless you liked to WIN, and in that case, I was your girl). The exception was my fellow partner in crime, and we always teamed up together because neither of us minded cheating to win.
But don't get me wrong. I still LOVE TO WIN and will go to almost any measure to win. Unfortunately, I was on the losing team last night, but it was by no means my fault. I have GOT to do a better screening process before I am put on a team because I had some third string type players in my group.
Maybe I'm still just as competitive as I was when I was younger. Maybe I just hide it better now.
three. Listen. I am NOT an Ohio State fan at all, especially since Urban Meyer pulled his little "I'm retiring-just kidding- no, now I am really am- just kidding now I'm coaching for Ohio State" move a couple years ago. And I know he had health issues, I know.
BUT. The Florida State-Duke game was on at the aforementioned party, and while I was one of two people who was paying attention (not exactly the crowd who enjoys football, or sports in general), I was also checking scores for the Ohio State/Michigan State game. I was SO HAPPY when I saw that MSU pulled out a win, ending that ridiculous streak.
Auburn vs. Florida State is going to be a GOOD game on January 6th. I'm supporting the SEC, duh.
BUT. The Florida State-Duke game was on at the aforementioned party, and while I was one of two people who was paying attention (not exactly the crowd who enjoys football, or sports in general), I was also checking scores for the Ohio State/Michigan State game. I was SO HAPPY when I saw that MSU pulled out a win, ending that ridiculous streak.
![]() |
| How do you like them apples now Mr. Meyer? Also, you looked better in blue and orange. Source |
Auburn vs. Florida State is going to be a GOOD game on January 6th. I'm supporting the SEC, duh.
four. I'm about halfway through my Christmas shopping! Friends are done. Family...not even close! I also want to keep a good half of the gifts I've purchased, so I think I've done really well with my purchases.
Wrapping is another story. Currently, the presents are still in bags in my guest room. I love wrapping, but I've got to get a few boxes and bags for my gifts.
five. Last night, I watched Christmas in Conway, one of Hallmark's movies for Christmas. Okay, so. If you've never had the opportunity to watch a Hallmark movie, you're missing out. Some are pretty decent, but overall, they are so cheeseball corny/sweet.
But the one last night? It was like A Walk to Remember all grown up. I cried all throughout it. You cannot put cancer, Christmas, and Hallmark together and expect me not to cry. Good stuff, Hallmark.
And, that's a wrap for another weekend. Boom.
But the one last night? It was like A Walk to Remember all grown up. I cried all throughout it. You cannot put cancer, Christmas, and Hallmark together and expect me not to cry. Good stuff, Hallmark.
And, that's a wrap for another weekend. Boom.


2 comments:
Surprisingly, I don't think I've seen Christmas in Conway...I thought I saw EVERY SINGLE HALLMARK MOVIE over Thanksgiving, but that one's not ringing a bell. Obviously I have work to do!
I cannot wait for the National Championship! I am so glad Michigan State beat Ohio State.
Post a Comment