Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!!  I hope you're all enjoying a lovely Thanksgiving Day with your families today.
Me?

We're actually not doing Thanksgiving until Sunday.  My brother couldn't get tomorrow off from work, so he was going to drive up today, drive back tonight, and then return Saturday morning for my sister's engagement party.  (He lives in Savannah, a four hour one way drive.)  My dad, and the rest of us, were like, that's a ridiculous amount of driving, and so we moved our meal/celebration to Sunday.

So today my mom and I are getting things ready for the engagement party on Saturday.  My dad is sleeping/working/watching football.  My brother has the day off, but is relaxing at his house.  My sister is with her fiance's family.

It's still a good day, and I am still very thankful for my family.

Also?  My mom asked me to make a dish for Thanksgiving this year.  Yikes!  I'm not as bad of a cook/baker as I used to be, and I can follow a recipe pretty decently, but I still get very nervous when making dishes.  That's when I screw up.  That's when things go wrong.  But my mom did say I could make it at her house so she could watch me and guide me.

Not even kidding.  I'm 28 years old and my mom still has to help me in the kitchen.

So anyway, we'll see how that turns out.  I'll keep you updated.

I hope you get to enjoy time with your family and friends, and if not, I hope you at least have a relaxing, restful day!

2 comments:

Erika said...

I'm glad yall were able to work it out so that your brother didn't have to drive a billion hours in a day!! Happy Thanksgiving and good luck with your dish!!

Meghan said...

Aww! I hope you and your family have a wonderful celebration on Sunday! Cheers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS