Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thankful

This Thanksgiving break hasn't been, and won't be, what I expected.  I was sick for the first part of it, now I'm in party planning mode, and my family won't actually celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow, but on Sunday (more on that later).

I've also been getting up super early, and I didn't really appreciate that at first.  I have this amazing ability to wake up before six am any day, regardless of the time I go to bed.  Every now and then, I'll sleep in til seven and it can be pretty life changing.

It actually really infuriates me.  I mean, seriously body, you work hard all day long, don't you think you need some extra rest??  Cause your brain thinks you do!

Anyway, yesterday and today, I decided to appreciate being up before the sun was up with no place to go.  I got up, went out to the living room, made my couch nice and cozy with a down comforter and some pillows, turned on the fire, and read my Bible.

Not something I would normally do when I wake up early, to be honest.  I normally open up my laptop and waste time on the computer until it's an acceptable hour to get up (i.e.- the time I wish I was waking up).

But it's been nice.  It's been quiet, with just the noise of the fire.  It's just been me, my dogs, and my cat (who LOVES the fire).  It's been really rainy here, so there's that noise, as well.

 

I'm reading along with She Reads Truth latest plan, on being giving thanks in all circumstances.  It's been a much needed reminder that there's PLENTY for me to be thankful about, and not just material things, either.

Next week, when I'll be up this early on purpose and instead of relaxing on my couch, I'll be in meetings, running around trying to get last minute copies, or planning, I'll appreciate this time.  I know I will.

I'm thankful for these early mornings right now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS