Monday, November 25, 2013

Weekend Rewind: Shopping, Movies, and Colds

My body is so funny.  I have not been sick this entire school year.  At all.  Nothing, not even a little sniffle.  And then I get to Thanksgiving break- and one of the busiest Thanksgiving breaks I've ever had- and my body turns on me.

I have a nasty cold that has spread to my chest, making me sound extremely sexy.

Anywho, today I'm linking up with Sami for Weekend Shenanigans.


Sami's Shenanigans

On Friday after work, I met up with my two best friends at the mall to do a little shopping.  Really it was window shopping for me since I only purchased one thing- my holiday cards.

Here's the thing.  I am not in that stage of life where I would need or want to send out personalized cards with pictures on them.  I mean, unless I took a picture of me and my cat and sent it out to all my friends.  But then they would think I was WEIRD, even though I love my cat and think she is picture perfect.  {And she really is, everyone comments on how beautiful she is and how sweet she is when they see her.  If she was a human, she would have the biggest ego.  Except she kind of already does...if it is possible for cats to have egos?}

I think she would love to be plastered on all of my friends' refrigerators.


So I buy boxed cards from Hallmark each year.  Except Hallmark really disappointed me this year.  I had to go to Target (and as much as I love Target, I prefer to buy my cards from Hallmark.  I'm a card snob, so be it.  I worked at Hallmark in high school and ever since then have preferred their cards).  Their selection wasn't much better, but I found a set of cards that I liked enough.

We tried out a new restaurant- Tin Lizzy's.  Except for the ridiculously loud party who sat right behind us, it was a good experience and I will be back.

I had nachos with buffalo chicken.  Delish.  My only complaint was that my batch of nachos had a ton of chips and not enough toppings.



On Saturday, I did not get out of my pajamas until four pm.  I didn't get off the couch until after one pm.

It was glorious.

Several friends and I had talked about doing a craft/girls night, but due to one reason or another, it ended up just being three of us.  We ended up watching a movie and having dinner.  It was relaxing and good to hang out with them.

On Sunday I woke up 100% sick.  I had to call out of serving at church and spend the day on the couch.  Normally, I wouldn't mind that at all, but it's not fun when you're sick.

Luckily, my mama came over with some chicken noodle soup and ginger ale, so I spent the majority of the day going through tissues and watching tv.

So, that was that.  My weekend.  Aside from being sick, it was a great one.  How was yours?

6 comments:

Erika said...

Actually, I would totally love it if someone sent me a photo card of them and their cat- or just the cat. It would crack me up and I would probably leave it up year round. You should capitalize on the popularity of cat pictures/videos/memes right now and do it. Also, send me some of those nachos while you're at it.

The Baby Giraffe said...

I thought about sending a picture of our cats on our holiday card this year. I chickened out...wish I would have! your baby is so cute!

Bech and Marley Evans said...

Do you know who had some cute Christmas cards? Dollar General! I know, it sounds completely unbelievable. I would not believe it unless I had actually seen it. But they were cute, fun, and glittery!

Also, we get pet Christmas card pics...I don't think its weird! You should do it!

CWY said...

New follower from the link-up. Hope you're feeling much better soon!

Christa
Forever Young

Ally Harding said...

You have a lot of self control only buying cards at the mall! Your cat is pretty cute, and this is coming from someone who isn't a cat lover. I don't think people would mind at all a Christmas card of your cat!

Ally Harding said...

You have a lot of self control only buying cards at the mall! Your cat is pretty cute, and this is coming from someone who isn't a cat lover. I don't think people would mind at all a Christmas card of your cat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS