Alright, let's rewind. Except, fair warning. This past weekend was super chill and low key, so there's not much to report.
Friday night, I was supposed to meet some of my small group girls at our church's night of worship. Except I didn't. I cancelled on them. It's just that I've been going non-stop for six weeks and the next few weekends are busy, as well, and I just needed some time to myself! I laid on the couch, watched a Hallmark Christmas movie, turned on the fire, and just chilled.
It was perfect and restful and lovely.
Saturday morning I was up bright and early to head over to a meeting at my church. Each year, my church does a big Christmas initiative where they help people in our community in various ways. This year, one of the groups is foster kids. Members of the church can sign up to shop for a foster kid. We had a meeting to get information and to get our foster kid's wish list. I signed up and am enlisting my small group to help. I am really excited about this! Shopping for kids is so much fun!
The rest of the day was super low key as well. I cleaned my house, graded some papers, ate some Taco Bell, and my friend Jessica came over to watch some movies. We were also supposed to plan for our Christmas party, but...that didn't happen.
While she was there, I put her to work. My living room/dining room/kitchen is all open and there is this one wall that is huge and blank. It's almost overwhelming to decorate, which is why it's been blank for over a year now. I had been toying with the idea of moving my tv, though. Of course it was for completely lazy reasons. If I want to stretch out on my couch and watch tv, I can only do it in one direction or I won't get to see the tv. This is not okay. I have to be able to have prime tv watching abilities from all seats and locations in my living room.
{Please don't think I'm completely worthless and lazy. I really don't even watch that much tv, but when I do, I like to be extremely comfortable.}
So anyway, I had her help me move my tv down some and do a little rearranging. What do you think?
![]() |
| Any ideas for those blank walls? It sure makes all my furniture look tiny. |
That little black table to the side will not be staying there for long. I don't really know where to put it right now. Also, this is most certainly not my ideal tv stand. It is really like a sofa table. Or something. I'm not a designer.
My brother's best friend can make custom furniture, and it is beautiful. But it also takes him, like, a year and a half to get one piece done because it is done in his spare time. Ideally, I'd want a piece made by him, but this one from World Market would work, too.
Also, a disclaimer: I used to be one of those people that was like, no Christmas anything until December 1st. And then I grew up and life got busy. A- I don't have any other time to decorate. B- I am hosting an engagement party on November 30th and I need my house decorated before then. C- I would like to enjoy Christmas a little instead of rushing rushing rushing this season. I feel like I'll be able to do that with my decorations out sooner.
I still LOVE Thanksgiving. Love it. I'm just not a huge decorator for Thanksgiving.
Alright, my friends, how was your weekend? Have you started decorating yet?




2 comments:
Low key weekends are the best! :) And I have definitely canceled on people too, simply because I needed me time. There's nothing wrong with that!
yayay! love this and love our weekends, girlie!!! xx
Post a Comment