Sunday, July 21, 2013

Saturday Morning

This past Saturday morning was one of those times I felt like an adult.  A real adult, too, not just 21+ because my license says so.

First of all, I woke up at 7 am, which is actually sleeping in for me these days.  I couldn't go back to sleep, so I read my Bible and devotion for the day.  I ate a bowl of Raisin Bran for breakfast.  {I haven't eaten plain Raisin Bran in YEARS.  I'd much prefer Raisin Bran Crunch, but I got this for free, so I'm eating it.}  Then, I took my book of Sudoku puzzles out on to my back patio and chilled while my dogs and cat ran around outside.  It was perfect.  No phone, no tv, no computer.  Just my pen and Sudoku puzzles (btw, I'm like, seven years late to the game.  I am so obsessed with those puzzles this summer.  Obsessed.  When I move on from the easy ones, I might not be so obsessed, but right now I am).

And also?  Thank you Lord for some blue skies these past few days.

Right behind those trees is a wholesale supplier to landscapers.  It's a basically a humongous greenhouse with pretty trees and flowers.  It's nice because there are no houses and it's typically pretty quiet.

On this particular morning, the only noises I heard were the birds that live in the trees and the fans blowing at the landscaping supplier company.  It was so peaceful and quiet, and it's how I wish every morning could start out.  

So perfect.  And definitely not how my college aged self or high school aged self would have defined a perfect morning, but it was perfect for me.

Annnnddd this isn't a super exciting post, but I have been pretty content these days.  Contentment is something I've been praying for over the past few months, and it's so easy to overlook when your prayers get answered in small ways.  I just needed a reminder for those days when I feel like none of my prayers are being answered!

That's all.  Hope your weekend has been fabulous!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Ok, that sounds absolutely perfect! :) I was actually thinking that I would love to have a quiet Saturday AM this weekend at the farmer's market.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS