Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Just Call Me Dr. Doolittle

Or anyone else who saves animals.

Today I saved the lives of two animals.  A turtle and a bird.  The little turtle was trying to cross the road, so my mom and I stopped, I moved him to the side where he was heading, and then went along our merry way.

Then, a few hours later, my dogs were outside and I just happened to notice them looking at some thing in the grass.  A little inspection revealed that it was a little bird!  Now, Marley is always just curious and never hurts a thing, but Ace has been known to murder innocent animals...possums, moles, squirrels, birds.  And after The Great Bird Massacre of 2012, I am very nervous when my dogs are around birds.  {Ace and my parents' basset house Ellie Mae pulled a bird's nest out of a bush and killed the baby birds in it.  The dogs thought they were playing, but it traumatized me.  I was in tears and VERY upset.}

Anyway, I put the dogs inside and thought the bird was dead, so I left it alone.  Then, I felt really bad so I went to go check on him and he was still breathing.  I think he was just scared to death because of two massive dogs trying to say what's up.  After I moved him around and picked him up (with a shovel, not my hands), he started flapping around and flying again.  He didn't go very high, but I felt better.  I moved him out of the yard and then he was gone a few minutes later.

I like to think he flew off and lived happily ever after.

In other news, I finally got around to ordering a washer and dryer.  Have I told you that I've been living without one for the past nine months?  Yeah, I have.  Luckily, my own personal laundromat (aka- mom and dad's house) is five minutes away.  Okay, so anyway, in classic Elise fashion, I happened to order the wrong kind of dryer.  I AM NOT SURPRISED AT ALL.  This has now resulted in a miscommunication with Sears (whom I ordered it from), having to re-order a new dryer, and either pay for a second delivery or go pick it up and install it myself.  And when I say myself, I mean my dad.

True Life: I Lead A Riveting Life.

Annnddd, that's all I got for ya, folks.

PS- My girl, Britney, is releasing a video tomorrow at noon.  I know it's for the Smurfs movie, but you know I support anything she does.  And the song ain't so bad, either.  Just letting ya know!  =)

I'm gonna end this with a photo from Ghana...I wish I was still there.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS