On Monday, I had to go into school for a couple of different reasons. One was to finally finish packing my room up. See, my principal is moving everyone around this year. I haven't had to move rooms since I started at my school, six years ago. It's been a little bittersweet to pack it all up.
This is what the current state is. You can see what it did look like here.
However. While I was there, I got to talking with some other teachers and staff members and I am getting so excited for this upcoming year. I also met one of the new teachers on my team. We have a lot of changes for this upcoming year, but I think it will be good.
Yesterday, I met a teacher friend at the pool and we talked mostly teacher talk for the 4 hours we were there. Oh, and I got burnt, but that's not anything new. I did apply sunscreen three times, so I'm a little confused as to how the burns happened.
Then, today, I had to go back up to school because I forgot to pack one cabinet. After I packed up that cabinet, I poked around my new room a little to get a feel for how I'm going to set my room up.
I love summer, don't get me wrong. I love it. I love most of the things that go along with summer. But I LOVE the back to school time. I love everything about that- the excitement of a new year, new school supplies, a new group of kids, Open House, a clean and organized room, and everything else.
I'm going to soak up these last couple of weeks of summer, but I'm so ready for the new school year. August 1st, I'm ready for you!!
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


4 comments:
What grade are you going to teach?
Moving rooms sounds so silly! Hope it's worth it and I'm sure you'll have an awesome "new" room.
I can definitely relate to this post! I am a teacher too, and while I LOVE having summers off, they can be really quiet - almost too quiet for my liking. I much prefer being busy. Good luck with moving rooms! I know that can be a pain!
Stacey, I'll still be teaching 4th grade! We're all just being moved to a different hallway.
Post a Comment