But that's not always the case. It can be a life changer to go and experience other cultures, especially if you get to experience parts of that culture that aren't touristy at all. I think that might be one of my favorite parts of traveling- not necessarily seeing the tourist spots, but going out into the culture and meeting the people who live there.
I know I'm not alone in saying that if I could quit my job and just travel the world, I'd do it. I've seriously considered the possibility of teaching in Uganda, or just internationally- anywhere, for a year. My animals, and now my house, are my biggest reasons to hold me back. And before you make fun of me for saying my animals are holding me back, let me ask you this- do you own animals? Are you a self-proclaimed animal lover? Would you drop hundreds of dollars, maybe even thousands, on your cat or dog if they were sick or hurt? If you answered no to any of those questions, you will not understand what I'm talking about. If you said yes, then welcome to my crazy world where I'm not sad about leaving my family for a year, but I would be heartbroken to leave my animals. (PS- I love my family, I really do. But there are these things called international phones, Skype, and email these days to keep in touch with them.)
I've been dying to go backpacking through Europe for years. I've been to London and Italy, but I want to see more of Europe. I want to spend a month or six weeks just seeing everything I can.
![]() |
| Somewhere in France- from Pinterest |
A close friend of mine teaches in southeast Asia. Another good friend teaches in South Korea. I'd LOVE to go visit them and see the real parts of where they live.
![]() |
| In Thailand- from Pinterest |
I've been to Uganda and Ghana, but as amazing as they were, they do not represent the whole continent of Africa. There are so many more places and people that I'd love to meet and see.
![]() |
| South Africa- from Pinterest |
Australia is supposed to be pretty awesome, too. And so are all of these other amazing countries and cities. And, there's some pretty cool places here in the US that I haven't seen.
So, who's with me? Who's ready to take off for a few weeks? Where are you dying to visit?




1 comment:
girlfriend i so connected with this post...i just spent the last hour searching flights to random airports in australia....i have not near enough money, unable to take off from work and noone to go with but, there we are :)
Post a Comment