Sunday, July 7, 2013

Happy July 5th

Good news.  My fat lip went away.  Bad news.  My eye swelled up.

It's pretty much gone now, but yesterday it was kind of gross...red and teary and a little puffy.  I still have no idea why, but I don't really care as long as my throat doesn't swell up.

That would be awful.

So, you know my Fourth was pretty awesome/lazy/boring, but my FIFTH, now that was fun.

Comcast came out and fixed my cable (now I am ballin' and have both Directv and Comcast...but not really because it's cheaper than what my internet was going to be by itself.  And my package with Comcast doesn't even include HGTV!!).  Then, I met up with my friend Paula and we drove to Athens to have lunch at Cali N' Titos.  I LOVE THAT PLACE.  And I forget how much I love it until I get there.  I had chicken quesadillas and fries, with a lot of their red sauce (yummmmm).  I wish I had gotten the side of fried plantains, but my friend Paula did and she let me have some of hers.

They were delicious.  I happen to love fried plantains, so if you know of anywhere else that makes them, you let me know, kkkkk?

We headed back to our friend Danny's apartment to celebrate the Fourth, just a day late.  We spent most of our day hanging out, watching bad tv and making fun of it.  Plus eating a lot of food.


The fireworks!  Amazing!

Someone got the bright idea to go downtown, so all of us headed downtown.  We ended up at 90's bar, which was SO AWESOME because we were literally the only people there besides the dj and the bartender.

Actually, maybe that's not so awesome, but I don't care.  We had a BLAST.  Tip: If you ever see me and my friends out in public at a place with a dance floor, don't come near us if you don't enjoy dancing.  We're not that good, but we have fun.  A lot of fun.

I stayed up way too late for my old age, but it was worth it.

And that, my friends, is how you celebrate the Fifth.

1 comment:

Erika said...

YUM! I went to C&Ts for lunch today and had plenty of fried plantains!! I would drive a thousand miles for C&Ts. I love that anyone that ever comes to visit us almost ALWAYS wants to go there to eat. It's like...well, I SUPPOSE if you twist my arm...I GUESS I can go eat there...again... ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS