Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend/Birthday

Well, hello there.  I realize I've kind of been MIA, but you should know that that's kind of my MO these days.  Blog consistently for awhile, and then disappear for a few days without warning.

But I have a good reason.  I spent my Memorial Day weekend here:





The beach.  Tybee, to be exact.  I had a meeting for Ghana scheduled this weekend, so I invited my two best friends to tag along with me.  We spent all day Saturday and all day Monday at the beach.  I honestly and truly did not want to leave.

A little recap, though:

Saturday was actually pretty miserable at first (not as miserable as my previous Saturday, though).  It was super windy and cold for the first hour and a half at the beach.  Because of that, I was too chilly to take off my coverup and too chilly to put on sunscreen.  BIG mistake.  Also, then when it finally warmed up, I did put on sunscreen, but only once.  And then I fell asleep on my stomach at one point.

Needless to say, I got burnt.  But only in weird places.

Also, we all brought food to eat for breakfast and the beach.  Paula brought adult lunchables.  Now, I love lunchables and will still eat them now.  But we gave her so much crap about her lunchables because it seriously seemed like there were fifty different containers.

See?  So many different containers, for just one person.  BUT, they were really good and perfect for the beach.
On Sunday, I dropped them off downtown while I went to my meeting.  I met up with them a few hours later and we ate at Spanky's, then walked over to Lulu's Chocolate Bar, and then hung out in City Market for a little while.

I have no pictures from that because I fail at taking pictures.

Monday was my 28th birthday...blech.  At least I spent it at the beach and eating amazing food.  We stayed at the beach most of the day and then went home and got ready for dinner.  My brother, cousin, and another friend met us at AJ's on Tybee.  It was absolutely beautiful (most of the restaurant is on the dock), and absolutely delicious.  I had buffalo shrimp.  It was lightly fried, with a lot of buffalo sauce.  But, and this is super important, not so much that you couldn't taste the shrimp.

I highly recommend AJ's if you're ever on Tybee.  It's on the backside of the island, too, so it's quiet and not as touristy as, say, The Crab Shack.

I also have no pictures from that, either.  I pretty much inhaled that food as soon as I got it.  On the way back, we stopped by The Sugar Shack to get some ice cream.  It was pretty much an excellent day, even though I turned 28.

We got back yesterday, and once I unpacked and got my dogs from my parents, I stayed on the couch all day long.  No complaints here.

Now, I'm off to read for book club and lay around some more.  I LOVE SUMMER.


3 comments:

Erika said...

Happy birthday!! Sounds like a great weekend!! I haven't been to Tybee in years...and I was obviously eating at all the wrong places when I was there! Definitely will have to redo that some day.

Michelle said...

happy birthday! I'm jealous of the scenery you got to take advantage of!!!

Paula said...

I am so proud of my lunchables for making your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS