Well, my dad and brother came over for a little while and I forgot about the meat that was on low. And it kind of got burnt. I only had one taco, and my brother had one, so a bunch of meat was completely ruined.
SO ANNOYING.
Anyway, my weekend was pretty great. I went to Athens Friday night to celebrate a good friend's graduation. He got his Ph.D. and we celebrated in style- Little Italy pizza (my first time there- so good) and karaoke at Walker's.
Also, one of his friends that graduated with him pretended like it was 1994 and did the worm on the stage. However, he busted his chin open and had to leave to get stitches because it was gushing so much blood.
What a way to celebrate your Ph.D., right?
On Saturday, I went and swam laps with my friend and triathlon partner. It went a lot better than last time, and we're both feeling pretty confident about our triathlon this weekend. Well, I am when I'm not freaking out about it. Which I am now.
On Mother's Day, my mom and I went to Home Depot. I have come to realize I am such a dreamer. I have these great ideas for a beautiful yard and love to look at plants and flowers, but I have absolutely no desire to put them in place. Too much work, yo.
And then there was a baby snake in the outdoor section of Home Depot and that also reminded me why I don't like to work in the yard.
Then, for Mother's Day my dad and my brother grilled out. My brother's friend caught some mahi mahi on a fishing trip this past Thursday and gave it to him, so he brought it up here for my parents. I normally don't like fish, but this was quite possibly some of the most delicious seafood ever.
![]() |
| I did not know this is what a mahi mahi looked like. |
It will not replace my love for oysters, though. Nothing can beat that. Goodness gracious, I love oysters. Fried, steamed, raw, you name it, I'll eat it.
Anyway, I offered to make something since it was Mother's Day and all, but she doesn't trust me in her kitchen. Which is fine by me and clearly understandable since I burn turkey meat without even trying. But she did show me how to make her delicious broccoli salad, and I showed her how to drink a Blue Moon with an orange. Win win for both of us.
Completely changing subjects here, remind me never to run in my neighborhood again. I skipped the park today for a short run in my neighborhood, which I thought wouldn't be that bad since it would just be over a mile.
JOKE'S ON ME. It's a sweet run for the first half because it's all downhill, but yeah, that uphill on the way back? Miserable. I pretty much walked half the way back. Then I came home and did this workout because I like to torture myself.
And now that this is super random and jumps around like a flea in a circus, I'm out. Plus I really want to go to bed.


2 comments:
EW I can't believe you ate at Little Italy!!! Siiiick. I think they cook meth in there, by the way. I do like mahi-mahi, though, and I had no idea it looked like that. Strange little fish!
YAY for grilling! I don't think I've ever had grilled mahi mahi but, grilled is the way I like just about everything. So score. :)
Post a Comment