This is boring stuff I'm going to try to accomplish before I start back to school. So, boring post alert.
Also, I totally meant to do monthly goals around here, but like I do with most things, I gave up on that within a few months.
Without further ado, my summer goals:
1. SLEEP IN. Preferably past six am. I have this really awful condition. There's not a name, but I'll make one up- Inability To Sleep In Due To Getting Up Ridiculously Early For Ten Months Straight. I cannot sleep in to save my life. Monday was my last day of post planning, and you wanna know what time I was up at on Tuesday? 5:30 am. Ridiculous. What makes me the maddest is that when I do have to get up early, I always always always have to set multiple alarms because I cannot wake up, yet when there's no alarm/no set time? I'm wide awake at 5:30.
I hate my body sometimes.
2. Read the kids' books I have. I have purchased some really great children's literature books recently, but I want to read them first before I put them in my classroom library. Plus, I love me some children's lit. I'm also a sucker for packaging and book covers, so most of these were purchased at our school's book fairs based on covers alone.
3. Make the items for TPT. I started selling some items on Teachers Pay Teachers, but I have a lot of other great things I could put on there. Now, since I have all the time in the world, I want to work on that.
4. Go to the pool at least once a week. Preferably seven times a week, but I'll be happy with three or four times a week. The weather has to cooperate with this one. Do you hear that, God? jkjkjk I don't like bossing God around.
5. Re-organize my closets. Just the ones in my bedroom. I have two, and one has kind of turned into a junk closet.
![]() |
| This is the junk closet...it's blurry- sorry. |
![]() |
| My clothes closet with some random junk on the shelves. |
6. This is a biggie, and the only one not likely to happen...turn one of my spare bedrooms into a guest room. The only reason it might not happen is because that would require buying a mattress and bedframe and that ain't cheap. I've got everything else- side tables, pictures, decor items, etc, though.
Here's the before pictures...it's a junk room right now.
![]() |
| When you open the door...the stuff in the back left corner is everything I have ready for the guest room. |
![]() |
| Kind of blurry, but you get the picture. It's a mess. |
7. Get a job. I am tired of enjoying summer break for two weeks and then becoming bored. I'm like a ten year old myself. I think a tutoring job will be perfect to help with that boredom, but I have no idea how to find one. Any suggestions??
8. Complete a Bible study, even if it's by myself. I think I'm going to do the Nehemiah one on She Reads Truth. They've already started it, but I like She Reads Truth because you can start them whenever you want.
I think it's pretty manageable. I'm actually going to get a start on the closet one today. It's not a pretty day, so I won't be spending anytime outside.
Well, first I gotta finish my show on HGTV. THEN I'll clean out my closets. Byeeee.






1 comment:
This is a solid list (and thanks for the shout out to mine)! I am lusting after the available space on your closet shelves. And there is no goal as noble as the one to go to the pool as much as possible. Amen and amen.
Post a Comment