Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Food Stuff

Friends, if you know me just a little bit in real life, you know that I have a pretty terrible diet.  I eat Taco Bell and McDonald's on the reg, generally have 12+ types of cheese in my fridge at any given moment, and eat sugar like it's my job.  {Edit: I started writing this post well before I started the no sugar challenge with my cousin.}

I used to eat fairly healthy, too.  That was mainly when I didn't have a driver's license, though, and was at home for dinner every night.  Plus, my parents didn't take us out to eat all the time.  When we did, it was usually for a special occasion.

College ruined me for my diet.  RUINED me.  I will not even tell you how much weight I gained, but I will say this- the freshman 15 is a lie.  It's more than that- ha!

So I used to never think twice about what I ate.  Ever.  Moe's for dinner and Taco Bell for dessert?  Why not?  Two Blizzards in a week?  Sure.  Processed crap for dinner and lunch all the time.

Lately, however, I've really been bothered by what I eat.  It's just so bad, even the stuff I think is healthy.  I've already switched to completely organic, free range, cage free eggs and organic, no artificial preservatives and ingredients milk and organic meats.  But I just don't think it's enough.

{And I just want to be clear, I will STILL make exceptions for delicious food.  Call me a hypocrite or whatever, but if you put a cheesy gordita crunch with extra baja sauce in front of me, I WILL eat it.}

Also, because I have a bleeding heart when it comes to animals, I recently saw this video and decided that when all the red meat that is currently in my house is gone (just a pound), I'm giving up red meat.




I'll be honest and say that I may slip up now and then until it becomes habit.

Oh, and I'm fully aware that it doesn't make any sense for me to go turkey hunting one month and then the next month, talk about how I'm giving up red meat because I feel bad for cows.  I know.  Trust me, I know.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS