Sunday, May 5, 2013

Surf's Up

Have I ever told you how much I love movies about surfing?  Well, I do.  I really, truly do.  I don't know if it's because I secretly want to be a surfer or because there's always hot dudes in them, or what, but I love them.

This weekend I watched TWO surfing movies.  Actually my whole weekend revolved around water, but we'll talk about that in a minute.

Friday night, I watched a movie I've been dying to see since it came out, Chasing Mavericks.  Y'all.  I don't even know what to say really.



This movie was so much better than expected, and I had high hopes for it anyway.  I cried and cried at the end.  I watched it twice, too, and cried both times.  I think I'm going to buy it.  IT WAS SO GOOD.

Then, Saturday night, I watched Point Break.  If you haven't heard of it, it's got Keanu Reeves (who, by the way, still looks just as hot as he did in 1991...look him and you'll agree) and Patrick Swayze.  It's a lot more serious than I expected, and I really liked it.  I loved Gary Busey's character, too, but I hated the ending.  It made me so mad.



Have you seen either one?  What are your thoughts?  Am I lame for crying in Chasing Mavericks, or do you just not have a heart?

So, the rest of my weekend was all about water, too, because it has RAINED THE ENTIRE WEEKEND.  My backyard is flooded.  The ground is not graded properly and collects water anyway, but when it rains heavily for two days straight, I have my own pool back there.  All I need is a noodle and a cooler full of drinks.

All the rain ruined my plans to do a outdoor trial run for my triathlon that's in two weeks (EEK!).  My training partner and I just swam laps instead.  Smart or not, this was actually the first time we've swam for training.  Holy moly do I wish we had gone earlier.

This girl (ME) has no upper body strength and my arms were SORE.  But, we both agreed it was an awesome workout and we will continue to swim after this triathlon.  {Also, we might sign up for another one, but that's a different story for a different day.}

Alright, it's way past the time I like to be in bed, and I've still got to do the worst thing in the world...get ready for bed and wash my face.  I hate getting ready for anything so much.

I cannot believe it's already Sunday night.  Suck.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Hahaha I love your obsession with surfing movies. I'm not sure if I've really seen ANY surfing movies! Obviously I'm missing out on a hit genre.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS